5 Downsides Of Summer Despite How Much We Love It | The Odyssey Online

5 Downsides Of Summer Despite How Much We Love It

You sweat on parts of your body that you did not even know could sweat.

212
oohlalaolivia

Everyone enjoys the summer. Our days get warmer and brighter. Our skin gets more tan. Our drinks get colder. We get to take vacations and day trips. As great as the summer is, here are a few reasons summer sometimes isn't that enjoyable.

1. High Gas Prices Hurt Our Wallets.

We all travel during the summer for a little extra cash than we may think. We go to the beach, amusement parks, visiting friends, and to the lake. Every year around the middle of May, gas prices begin to rise so that gas stations and oil companies can make more profit.

2. Chub Rub Season Peaks.

Everyone with thick thighs understands this struggle. Chub rub is a rash on the inside of your thighs after they rub together in hot weather. It is so annoying because anytime you wear shorts, a dress, or swimsuits - it gets worse.

Pro-tip: Use unscented deodorant on the inside of your thighs to help prevent as much chub rub.

3. Under-Boob Sweat Is The Worst.

The summer heat can get a little out of hand sometimes. You sweat on parts of your body that you did not even know could sweat. Even when you sit down, you still sweat. The worst type of sweat is under-boob sweat because there is no way to hide it. You can sweat through your shirt and it is so embarrassing.

Pro-tip: Unscented deodorant can be used here to help delay under-boob sweat.

4. Thigh Sweat Is Also The Worst.

Aside from chub rub, thigh sweat is also a downside to summer. Leather upholstered vehicles become the enemy. Nothing is worse than sitting down and having to forcefully pry your legs up because you are glued to the seat. The red mark that is left from your legs suctioning to your seat - yikes.

5. Snakes And Bugs Are Everywhere.

With the weather warming up, we tend to see a lot more snakes and bugs. The majority of people are scared of snakes and hate to be spooked by them while outside. People spend a lot of money on items like mothballs to help deter snakes from their property. Another issue with warm weather is the growth of the visual bug population. We see an abundance of bees, mosquitos, and other insects that we do not take kindly too. We coat ourselves in bug spray and light candles in hope to reflect bugs from our bodies.

Even though there are some things we wish we could change about summer (especially the bugs and snakes), we are so thankful for the warm weather and time off. We enjoy our summers because we have time off from school and get to visit our families. Just make sure to stock up on deodorant and mothballs.