Don't Complain, If You Didn't Vote

Don't Complain, If You Didn't Vote

VOTE, then you can complain if you please

397
Don't Complain, If You Didn't Vote
Tilting The Scales

Do not complain about the election, if you did not vote in the election.

My brain feels like a broken record with this thought churning over and over in it. It is honestly so frustrating to sit and listen to people who consistently complain about the current election, but when I ask if they plan to vote or if they voted their response is always the same, "No". No they didn't vote, but yet here they sit thinking they can complain about the candidates or eventually the outcome, when in actuality they can't.

What makes America great is our democracy and in that, that anyone (over 18 at least) can vote for who they want to represent them and run our federal, state and local governments. We should all be exercising this right no matter how big or small the election is, who the candidates are or any other circumstance barring you from exercising this right fought for by so many. Voting in elections shows you care about which direction our country, each state and every city will move towards from this point on. If you do not vote you should not get to complain about the state of our country. Voting is the American peoples way to influence America. So don't complain about the issue, if you aren't going to vote for someone or a ballot proposition that is going to fix the issue.

Now I understand how frustrating this election was at times. This was my first time to vote in a National Election and the two candidates we had to choose from were polar opposites. But despite how odd this election was I still picked a candidate, I still voted, I still made my opinion known. This gives me the right to complain. I rocked the vote, chose a candidate and helped make a change in America. Even if my candidate doesn't win I can still complain because I cast my ballot and supported her.

Elections in their truest and purest form are meant to positively influence the country by the people living in the country. When we disregard this right and instead choose to complain about the outcome we are doing more harm than good. Honestly, why not vote? It takes less than 15 minutes in person or you can even get a ballot mailed to you for certain reasons.

So next time you open your mouth to complain about politics and political elections, stop and think... "Did I vote?". If the answer is yes, feel free to complain. But within in reason, no one likes a complainer. If the answer is no, please come up with another topic to speak on because you lost your right to complain the second you didn't register to vote or decided against voting in the election. Remember this over the next four years so that come 2020 you can cast your ballot in the next Presidential Election and complain your heart out if you choose to do so.

Do not complain about the election, if you did not or will not vote in the election.