Don't Be Impatiently Patient -- Just Be Patient | The Odyssey Online

Don't Be Impatiently Patient -- Just Be Patient

We try to be patient so that we can end up with just the right one but sometimes it is just harder than it should be.

102
bhmpics

"I am patiently waiting for him to come to me."

Single girls say this all the time. We try to make it seem like we are cool, calm, and collected about being single and waiting for the next guy to come into our life. But I think the term "impatiently patient" waiting is more of what we are. We are trying to be patient, but sometimes we can come off a little bit impatient.

We try so hard to sit back and let this little thing called life play out just the way that God has it planned. However, sometimes we get sick and tired of sitting back, and we try to take charge ourselves. We have all done it, more than once probably, and we see how it turns out overtime. We find boys that aren't quite what we want, but they are there and willing to be with us, so we give the relationship a try. But in the end this boy really is not the one for us. If we would have been patient instead of impatiently patient, we would have realized this and never forced the relationship in the first place.

We go out with our girls on the weekend with all intentions of having a boy-free night. Except we get to the bar and see a cute couple dancing or talking in the corner and all of a sudden the boy-free night is the last thought on our mind. Instead we start scoping out the bar and lock eyes with the first boy we see. This leads to a night of small talk with a boy you will probably never even see again instead of a night where you could have made countless memories with your girls. If we would have stuck to the plan where we were patient, those memories could have been made. Instead the impatience came out and we couldn't stand the thought of not having a boy for the night.

There are so many times in our lives about all kinds of situations where we become impatient when all we need to do is be patient and everything will play out just they way it is supposed to. It is especially hard when it comes to boys because the older we get the more pressure there is to have one and a serious boyfriend at that. We try to be patient so that we can end up with just the right one but sometimes it is just harder than it should be.

I was once told, "Don't waste your time with the wrong person when you could be finding the right one." At first, I didn't really know what that meant, but as I have become the "impatiently patient" girl, I have realized exactly what it means. It means that when we force that relationship with the guy we know we probably shouldn't be with, or come on to some random guy at a bar, we are possibly missing out on meeting a guy we could start our happily ever after with.

So, next time you start to think about getting in a relationship with someone or decide to walk up to a guy in a bar, ask yourself something. Ask yourself, "Could he be someone I see myself with for the long haul?" If he is, then go for it; this could be the beginning of something amazing. However, if he isn't, then just walk away. Be patient. Don't let the impatiently patient girl inside of you ruin your chances at meeting the man that was made especially for you!