10 Ways Your Cat Will Express Love For You

This kind of love is true love.

122
Anarosa Photography

Cats are like aliens. They are cute and furry little aliens that we let live in our homes and we take care of for some reason. And compared to dogs, cats think that they own you. Sometimes cats do weird things that confuse their human owners too. Sometimes the things they do seem gross, or strange but in reality they are just trying to tell you that they love you. If you’re curious whether or not your cat is trying to tell you how much it loves you, look no further. Below are the top 10 ways that your cat is telling you that he or she loves you according to Modern Cat and Care 2.

1. Following you around.

Your cat comes running to greet you as soon as you get inside the door. Cats don’t usually want to be part of the pack. But if they are taking their time to be around you and showing you how excited they are that you are home, it means they really missed you. Following you around for the rest of the night? You might as well just call it true love.

2. Belly Up.

Cats are very temperamental when it comes to their bellies because it’s a very sensitive place for them with a lot of vulnerability! If they are letting you touch it or just laying around with it up in the air, then congratulations, your cat feels really happy and comfortable around you. They trust you enough to be the most exposed they can be with you around.

3. They leave you gifts.

This one is kind of gross but if your cat is bringing a dead bird inside the house, they are really doing it out of affection and not to make you squirm. It’s like a kid showing you their A on a spelling test and wanting you to put it on the fridge. Except instead of a spelling test it’s a dead bird or rodent. They just want you to be proud of them because they did it for you!

4. Head butts and Cheek Rubs.

This one may seem really cute but cats rub on you for a more scientific reason. They have certain scents that are secreted through their face. When they rub on you, they are trying to claim you as their own. Basically, it’s like the equivalent of giving you a hug. They are marking their territory and saying that you belong to them because they love you!

5. Night Time Cuddles.

Some cats are more shy than others and don’t want you to pet them back when they are rubbing on you. But if they want to be close to your face and cuddle you while you’re passed out- it means they love you.

6. The Slow Blink.

Cats slow blinking at you is the same as them wanting to give you a kiss! Hopefully you know that cats do not make direct eye contact with humans. They might feel threatened if you look at them directly but the “slow blink” is different. This is another sign that they are letting their guard down around you. Basically, they are saying I love and trust you a lot and the best thing to do is to slow blink back at them so they know how you feel about them too.

7. Making Biscuits.

This is when your cat is kneading you with their paws and can actually be quite painful. Someone said that cats knead because that is how they get milk from their mom cats. So by them kneading you, they are basically taken back to a comfort level of being a kitten. Your cat loves you so much that you’re like their family at this point!

8. Tail Games.

Cats can tell you a lot by their tail. If their tail is swishing back and forth in a flicking motion, it means they are excited. I don’t know about you but I always get excited around people I love too.

9. Purring.

This one is more obvious. Cats purr for a lot of different reasons, but if they are always purring around you, you’re making them feel good! Purring lowers their heart rate and makes them feel all relaxed and content.

10. Love bites.

Cats that love to nibble on their owner are actually kind of flirting. They aren’t trying to hurt you, it’s just another way for them to say that they think you’re the cat’s pajamas.

Don’t worry if your feline friend is treating you weird, because according to the reasons above, they are probably just trying to tell you how much they love and care about you. Cats are hard to figure out, but if you pay close enough attention, you’ll start to understand all the signs when they are trying to tell that you they love you!