10 Disney Quotes to Live By | The Odyssey Online

10 Disney Quotes to Live By

If you love Disney with a passion then you will love these too

1430
10 Disney Quotes to Live By
Fast Company

I love Disney with a passion. I have seen Beauty and the Beast and countless other Disney movies countless times. Disney movies have been there for me through ups and downs and their quotes have always spoken to me. Here are 10 that I believe are quite useful in life.

1. “The greatest risk any of us will take, is to be seen as we truly are.” - Cinderella (2015)

It’s terrifying to show anyone who you actually are, not the person you pretend to be. But if Ella can remain kind and present herself, a poor, honest country girl who loves Prince Charming, or Kit in this case, then you can show the world just how amazing a quirky you are, too.

2. “Oh, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” - The Lion King (1994)

Your past mistakes do not define you. They may haunt you from time to time, but they are great teachers. It’s honestly better to learn from them to run from them, you can’t outrun yourself. No matter how hard you try or how fast you run.

3. “Never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.” - The Incredibles (2004)

Don’t live in the past, embrace everything going on around you in the present moment. Live your best life the way you see fit.

4. “Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.” - Pocahontas (1995)

Life is hard. There’s no denying that. And sometimes, we’re forced to make tough decisions - tougher than just, do I get Chinese or Mexican for dinner? But regardless the struggles we face, you’ll always find the right path...it may just be a bit of a rocky journey along it.

5. “Don’t just fly, soar.” Dumbo (1941)

Seriously, you are going to be great in this world. When you find your passion, your niche, you won’t fly, you will soar; the world will be all the more lucky because you are. And look at how cute and happy Dumbo looks flying.

6. “When all else fails, take a nap.” - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1971)

Naps are my life, to be 100% honest. When life gets rough and you just need a moment to chill out, throw on some music, lay down and take a nap. Things will look different when you wake up. And if they don’t, there is always room for another nap.

7. “If you don’t think, you shouldn’t talk.” - Alice in Wonderland (1951)

Can someone PLEASE tell Donald Trump and every other ill-informed person in the world this? We are taught from an early age that if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. If you’re going to spew a plethora of big of words and stupidity, don’t. Seriously, just don’t.

8. “Anything can happen if you let it.” - Mary Poppins (1964)

Don’t close yourself off from experiencing things. Anything is possible. Let things come when they may. The universe is a mysterious place.

9. “Always let your conscious be your guide.” - Pinocchio (1940)

That little voice in the back of your head that tells you what you’re doing may not be the best idea? Yeah, we should listen to it; would probably save us from a lot of grief. But if something doesn’t feel right, let your moral compass guide you on your path. And remember Grandmother Willow’s warning about the right path…

10. “You must be imaginative, strong-hearted. You must try things that may not work, and you must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul.” - Ratatouille (2007)

You are the only thing that stands in your way more often than not. Try all the things that scare you beyond belief. Stand for things that you believe in, speak against things you don’t. Be like Remy, he was a rat with the dream of being a chef, and he accomplished that. If a rodent can run a successful French restaurant, then, come on, you can do anything. Promise.