The Definitive List Of The 20 Best Halloween Candies Of All-Time | The Odyssey Online

The Definitive List Of The 20 Best Halloween Candies Of All-Time

Candy corn, caramel apples, and all that good stuff

137

Halloween is right around the corner. This is for all of those people who couldn't care less about the costumes you wear or the people you see. But for those who care about the candy and sugar intake that is socially acceptable during this holiday, look no further for all the candies that will fill your sweet tooth and candy addiction. Here are the 30 best candies from the past and from today to really celebrate the spirit of Halloween.

1.) The all-time classic candy corn

I suppose candy corn can be a hit or a miss with most people, but one cannot deny that candy corn is an iconic symbol for Halloween and perhaps fall. Although candy corn is really just a sugar piece and nothing overtly special, it serves as a symbol of good times and fun activities which is what Halloween is supposed to be about.

2.) Gummy fangs

Of course I have to include another iconic symbol of Halloween: the gummy vampire fangs. All though this is a less than special gummy candy, gummy fangs have been in kids' Halloween buckets for years and years, so why get rid of something that is cool!

3.) Candy apples

If you lived in a wealthy neighborhood or if you had saints for neighbors, then you may have gotten a candy apple or two while trick or treating. Honestly, this is the best of all treats. You can't really do much grander than a candy apple.

4.) Chalk lipstick candies

Everyone was always weary of these but if it was your last piece of candy or if you just wanted something resembling a lollipop than this was the candy for you!

5.) The Beech-Nut gum

This is a real oldie of the 50's and 60's. Maybe your parents or grandparents will tell you that getting gum for Halloween was a real treat.I asked my mother what she usually got for candy during Halloween and she said she always got Dots and a full-sized Hershey's bar.

6.) Dots

7.) Full-sized Hershey bar

EVERYONE should be happy with this piece of Halloween Gold, except those allergic to chocolate. Then I asked my father (who is allergic to chocolate) what his favorite Halloween candies were. He had three favorites, which were, Necco Wafers, Sweet Tarts, and Pay Day Bars.

8.) Necco wafers

The original candy wafer is an American classic according to it's packaging.

9.) Sweet Tarts

Sweet Tarts come in many forms like ropes, chews, rolls and the original tarts.

10.) Pay Day Bars

SO good, but get ready for that cholesterol hike!

Other old timers are...

11.) Charleston Chews

Personally, I find these chocolate-covered vanilla chews pretty gross, but they seem to be a favorite of a few.

12.) Bit O'Honey

These make you always think of Grandma and the inside of her purse.

13.) Mary Janes

Similar to the Bit-O-Honey but a Molasses Chew instead.

14.) Candy Buttons

One of my all time favorites are candy buttons which is weird because you're basically eating a bit of paper with each bite.

The final few are the big leagues of today's Halloween market.

15.) Starburst

Pink and yellow ARE the best ones.

16.) Skittles

Taste the rainbow.

17.) Milky-Way

That caramel filing is a winner.

18.) Snickers

19.)Three Musketeers

Not real sure why it's called Three Musketeers but it works and is a great little treat especially in the fun size.

20.) Kit Kat

Glorious Kit Kats are always a good treat.

Well that's all I have because I can't think of any more candy. I know there is plenty more but here is my list of 20 iconic Halloween candies.