Dear Mr. Trump | The Odyssey Online

Dear Mr. Trump

A letter to the presidential candidate from a college student.

20
Dear Mr. Trump
Hub Pages

Dear Mr.Trump,

I am a 19-year-old kid living in the, according to you, not-so-great country of America. I work. I pay taxes. I go to school (a legitimate school that actually teaches you things for your money instead of making empty promises to go along with empty wallets) and do very well (I'm a winner in the GPA battle). These past few weeks, I've been watching your speeches and public comments and haven't been impressed. You brag about your honesty and the fact that you "mean what you say" and yet everything you've said in the past few weeks, and really throughout your entire campaign, has been decoded by yourself, your advisors, your vice president, or your fans. Nobody knows what the hell you're saying or what the hell you mean. I don't think you're exempt from that lack of knowledge.

You say you want to be president. I understand that comment without any decoding. You're a rich businessman who wants to protect his interests and thinks he could do a good job of protecting his country in the meantime. While I feel you're unqualified, other voters clearly don't share that feeling. They believe your lack of experience is a positive thing, indicating you aren't corrupted yet by the political process. My question to you is this: When you don't understand something, like the fact that Crimea is in fact in Ukraine and Russia is in Crimea, are you going to get advice from someone who does know something about the issue, or just continue to make grand statements that are completely false and easily proven wrong. I ask this because, while you've already made a fool of yourself with the above example (which I'm sure was just blown out of proportion by the liberal media-- that was actual sarcasm, dear co-founder of worst presidential candidates in history), we can't afford as a country for you to make those mistakes as the leader of this country.

I don't think you know what you mean half of the time because I don't think you understand what many words mean in general. You hear the word sacrifice and confuse it with success. You hear the word America and you think failure. You hear the word welfare and you think Mexican. You hear the word Muslim and you think terrorist. You fail to understand what the words actually mean. You fail to understand that the words you use have influence and consequence. You fail to understand that some things, like threatening other candidates, will have a consequence. If you are elected president of this country, every comment and every action has a potential consequence. If you piss off the international community as much as you've pissed off this college-aged American, we are going to be fighting for the survival of this country. Your mistakes, your refusal to listen and learn from your mistakes, your overconfidence, these are your personal downfall. If you become president, they will be America's downfall.

Mr. Trump, you are not as honest as you claim to be. You certainly aren't clear in your statements. You brag about your success, but you can't accept or even acknowledge your failures. I don't think you understand what the job of President of the United States really entails. I think you saw a job opening that looked like something big, and as the businessman you are, you went for it. I don't think you have the knowledge, the experience, or the temperament to be a president. I also don't think you really want the job. I think you want control, because you were born with money and influence and you want to have more. I think your motivation to run for president is purely one of greed. I don't think you got some of the important lessons I received from my parents as a child.

1. You can't always get what you want

2. Actions have consequences

3. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences.

Mr. Trump, you lost my vote a long time ago. That is the only consequence I can inflict upon you (since I'm not one of those "second amendment people"). My suggestion to you at this point is that you drop out of the race entirely. Run your businesses, make money, study the words sacrifice and Muslim, take a geography lesson and learn about Ukraine and Crimea, and learn how to be a decent human being worthy of an ounce of respect. You aren't cut out to be president of this country. You aren't cut out to be president of anything as great as the United States of America.

Sincerly,

Sarah Krueger