Dear Mr. Trump
Politics

Dear Mr. Trump

This is not on attack on you, it is the aftermath of what will happen if you become the leader of our free world

37
Dear Mr. Trump
Buzzfeed

Dear Mr. Trump,

I am not writing this letter to express my hatred or opposition towards you, but I would like you to take a moment to read this and see things through my eyes.

Before I begin, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mira, and I am a twenty-year old Muslim, female college student. I am a junior in college majoring in Integrative Neuroscience on the pre-medicine track to become a neurologist. I come from an immigrant family of five children, and two very admirable, hard-working parents. The sole reason that my parents chose to come to the United States was to provide my siblings and me with the opportunity for an education that we could have never even dreamt of back in Jordan. Growing up, I experienced several identity issues, especially after the tragic attacks on September 11, 2001. I was only 5 years old at this time, but from seeing the nasty looks my mother received from wearing her headscarf, or the isolation I underwent from being an “Arab,” I knew I was not welcome in society. The acts of a few, extremist individuals had exploded into a social wave of Islamophobia. As I was growing up, I realized that this hate was not only seen in American society, but also all around the world, as exemplified by the burqa ban in France. Regardless, I was thankful to live in the United States, because I knew that my rights were ultimately protected by the first amendment. I was no longer afraid to admit that I was a Middle Eastern Muslim. I was no longer afraid to walk aside my courageous mother as some would disgustingly glare at her. Why? Because, I knew that although there will always be those prejudice, ignorant few in society who hated us for our religion, there were a lot more who supported us and made us feel like this is indeed our home.

Little did I know that a Presidential candidate would come on national television and claim that there is a “Muslim Problem.” Not a terrorist or Muslim Extremist issue, but a general “Muslim Problem.” Little did I know that a Presidential candidate would be so apathetic towards the growing issue of funding college and helping young adults pursue a higher education. If you become President, I urge you to use your bountiful wealth to lower the cost of tuition for the generations that will make this nation “great again,” and not for the construction of a wall. Mr. Trump, you do not know the value of the American Dream. You are no “rags to riches” story. Your racism, ignorance, and disgusting humor is not what this country truly stands for.

I hope you and your followers take a moment to reflect on how many lives you will be impacting if you become the leader of this nation. I hope you realize that the White House is not only your home-- but the home of millions of Americans who are victimized by your ideologies. I hope you can see that the “nasty Muslim female problem" that I am to you is becoming a doctor one day to serve YOUR nation. Growing up reciting the pledge of allegiance every single day in my life has taught me one thing Mr. Trump-- you will certainly not be bringing liberty nor justice for all.

Sincerely,

A Muslim, Female College Student