Dear Me, You Have Got This! | The Odyssey Online

Dear Me, You Have Got This!

A motivational letter to myself as the school year begins.

14
Dear Me, You Have Got This!
clipartbest.com

Dear Me,

Congratulations on making it to your junior year in college! Who would have thought you would have gotten this far? Well, you did! You have managed to make a ton of friends, join different clubs, and be a part of numerous activities on and off campus. However, this year is going to be hard. I do not just mean academically wise, but socially as well.

You have some really hard classes. Some that may decide if you get into the Masters or Doctorate Program. Go work your ass off for that good grade because you know you can do it. Go and find a study group, go find a tutor, and most importantly go to any study sessions that are available to you. Do not give up. Push yourself to the limits. Trust me, it will all be worth the sleepless nights and cups of coffee.

Have some 'you' time. Enjoy some peace and quiet to yourself. Draw yourself a bubble bath or take a long hot shower. Blast some of your favorite music and sing with a wooden spoon in your hand. You will go crazy during the semester, more than once. You may have panic attacks or a complete meltdown. Just relax. Breathe. Netflix and chill by yourself. Binge watch the latest Greys Anatomy episodes or rewatch Gossip Girl over and over again.

Spend time with friends. I mean really spend time with them. Sit down and have serious, heartfelt conversations. Internships will begin soon and the time to spend with them at college will slowly disappear. Invite them over for dinner, have a wine night and just enjoy each others company.

Get involved and stay involved. Keep going to the meetings for the clubs you are in. Keep volunteering for the events they are having or going to. Do not be lazy and not be involved. You have met some of your closest friends in those clubs. You love what the clubs bring to your life and your major. Keep plugging along and know it will all be worth it.

This is the year you turn 21. You will legally be able to purchase alcohol. That will definitely put a dent in the bank account. Just be careful on what you purchase and how much of it because it will add up quickly! Do not be stupid. Do not drive above the legal limit. You are in college and you may think you know how much you can handle but you really do not. You have your whole future ahead of you.

I hope you have an awesome junior year at college this year. You deserve to enjoy all of the laughs and tears that will come. Take in every moment but never forget your roots. Lean on family for support and friends for advice.

Love,

Yourself