6 Sad Truths Of Relationships In College | The Odyssey Online
Friendships

6 Hard Pills To Chug, Chug, Chug, And Swallow When Dealing With College Boys

You might not want to hear it, but at some point, you have to accept it.

390
college frat party

Us girls love romanticizing everything. We love to see the best in everyone and we like to think everything will eventually turn out in our favor. Well, this is not always true and especially in the love department, girls can really live in a fantasy world sometimes.

Even though it might not always be what we want to hear, sometimes we need to be told: "Honey, he's just not that into you."

When he says he "doesn't want a relationship," he just doesn't want a relationship with YOU.

Chances are, when the right girl for him comes around, he will be ready to settle down. I have seen the most promiscuous players settle down eventually when they finally grow up and find a girl that he could really see himself with. Don't take it too personally, he just doesn't want to commit to you. Plain and simple.

Or, if he doesn't want a relationship with anyone, you are not going to be the one to change him.

Girls are obsessed with fixing people. We like to think "oh he says he doesn't want a relationship but he hasn't met me yet. He will certainly change his mind after being with me for a while." Well, think again. You can't change people.

He simply just does not like you as much as you like him.

This one is one of the hardest pills to swallow. It's hard for us to admit that feelings are not always reciprocated. We don't like to believe that this person we care about so much and would do anything for does not feel the same way about us. What are we doing wrong? The answer is nothing. People can't control the way they feel and we need to accept that.

Just because he said it, doesn't mean he meant it.

He might tell you he's crazy about you or that you're "his girl" or that there is no one else. Take this with a grain of salt.

You cannot beg someone to be in your life.

If they do not want to be with you, do not beg them. Keep your pride and dignity and love yourself. Find someone else that will stay without you begging them. You can't make someone care about you.

Just because you treat someone well does not mean they will act the same towards you.

You can put your all into someone and that does not ensure that they will treat you the way that you deserve to.

Basically, the golden rule doesn't always apply. We don't always treat others the way we wish to be treated. And it's hard for us to accept that feelings or actions are not always reciprocated. People don't always turn out to be the person you thought they were. You will not always be wanted by every person that you want. And that's okay. It's part of life. It's hard to accept but we have to try our best to move on and always maintain our self-love.