25 Movies To Watch Before December 25th | The Odyssey Online

25 Movies To Watch Before December 25th

A movie a day to ring in the holiday.

262
25 Movies To Watch Before December 25th
http://peanuts.wikia.com/

Thanksgiving has come and passed, and we all know what that means: Christmas everything! From ugly Christmas sweaters to 24/7 holiday jingles, now is the time to prepare for the upcoming holiday season. Fortunately, we have a whole month to get ready! Unfortunately, there are just too many Christmas movies to watch within a month. There is no reason to panic, though, because the top must-see movies have been found for you! Here is a list of 25 movies that will get you through to Christmas day.

1. "The Nightmare Before Christmas"

This is a movie for those of us wanting a fun transition from Halloween fright to the holiday festivities!

2. "Love Actually"

Filled with love, laughter, and tears, this film is the perfect kick-off to start preparing for the holidays! You cannot help but to be in the Christmas spirit when you watch this hilarious British Rom-Com.

3. "Elf"

It is that time of year again, folks, so break out the syrup and spaghetti and strap in for a lot of laughs! Buddy is excited, so you should be too!

4. "The Muppet Christmas Carol"

Embrace the Christmas nostalgia with an old favorite.

5. "Four Christmases"

If you think your family gets hectic around the holidays, watch this movie and find out just how wrong you are!

6. "National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation"

It is goofy. It was the '80s. It is a must-see.

7. "Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

This movie is a crowd favorite for a reason. Watch this film and remember not to be a Grinch this Christmas!

8. "Miracle on 34th Street"

Throw it back to the days of black and white with this holiday classic! It may be 70 years since this movie was first filmed, but Santa had some words of wisdom that still ring true.

9. "Christmas with the Kranks"

This movie begs the question – is this what my parents would do if I decided not to come home for Christmas?

10. "The Santa Clause" (1, 2, and 3)

Tim Allen really knows how to channel his inner Santa. These films are perfect for a movie marathon with the family!

11. "Home Alone"

After being left home alone, an 8-year-old takes on two full-grown robbers...like a pro. That calls for a very merry Christmas.

12. "Holiday in Handcuffs"

Filled with comedic hi-jinks, family drama, and romance, this is a perfect feel-good movie for the holidays!

13. "Frosty the Snowman"

Magic top hats and a snowman who comes to life? This film is for the kid in all of us!

14. "Frozen"

If you cannot get enough of animated snowmen, this movie is for you!

15. "I’ll Be Home for Christmas"

Will he make it home in time?! Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it’ll be a blast! This comedy is an inspiration to all college students gearing up to head home for winter break.

16. "A Christmas Story"

Nostalgia, anyone?

But really, how could you say no to that face?

17. "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

Can you really celebrate Christmas if you have not watched "A Charlie Brown Christmas?" You could try, but why would you?

18. "It's A Wonderful Life"

George Bailey knows that to woo a girl properly, it takes drastic measures. This '40s classic continues to enchant us and remind us how blessed we are to be alive!

19. "The Polar Express"

Who did not dream of going to the North Pole to see Santa Claus when they were little? An inspiring holiday masterpiece, "The Polar Express" lets us believe in the magic of Christmas again.

20. "The Holiday"

True to its name, "The Holiday" is the perfect rom-com to get into the spirit of the season!

21. "White Christmas"

Either you have seen this film before and you know it is time to watch it again, or you never got around to it, but this year is your opportunity to start “dreaming of a white Christmas”!

22. "Love the Coopers"

"Love the Coopers" reminds us to appreciate family this holiday season.

23. "The Night Before"

A hilarious comedy about three best friends celebrating together the night before Christmas, this film is great for a jolly laugh!

Coming Soon to Theaters!

24. "Krampus"

"Krampus" is perfect for the horror fan who still wants to take part in the holiday festivities!

25. "Joy"

With Jennifer Lawrence as its star, who would want to miss out on seeing this film? This drama biography is sure to pull on more than a few heartstrings this holiday season.