A Life Of Crazy | The Odyssey Online

A Life Of Crazy

How can one plan for the future if they cannot plan a day?

13
A Life Of Crazy
Kristen Wilkey

We plan, we strive to make sure everything is in order, we have an idea in our minds how our day is going to go and it all falls apart in a split second because somebody needs you to do a favor for them or you forgot one tiny detail that throws it all into the wind. Of course, for most people, that only happens every so often to none - whereas I live with it every day. I make plans, I try and make sure I get everything done, I get ideas in my mind as to how the day will go and I get blown out of the water like a fish caught in a net.

Everyday I wake up (cranky like a cat with sour milk), eat my two pudding cups and either oatmeal or cereal, get myself cleaned up and ready to head to campus. Driving for nearly thirty minutes to get myself woke up, parking in a much-needed fixing parking lot to realize I either forgot my homework or I won't get to see my fiance until later in the day. Of course, that disappoints me (more so than the homework, but don't let the teacher know) but I manage through it when I either meet up with my best friend in the class or I get on Skype with the fiance from my classroom until time to end the call.

After classes are over, I find myself in a pickle as I never plan anything for that free time due to the fact that I could either be with my fiance and/or best friend, or I could find myself alone - which is not my best prospect but it has happened on occasion. With that being said, whenever I am alone I can usually play on my gaming laptop, get work done on my school laptop, or take a nap when all else fails. After a few hours have passed, I'll accompany aforementioned fiance to his band practice to watch him play before either night classes or my part-time job in the cafeteria of my campus. As such, working in the cafeteria is a hard job to try and make predictable. Either there are not enough students and we have an abundance of food, too many students at once and not enough food for the last-minute walkers, or in rare cases where someone smarts off and gets himself fired for it.

After work is over, I spend a few more moments with the fiance before making the nearly thirty minute drive back home to finish up on work, play a game or two with the fiance and friends, read a book or simply watch Youtube for a couple of hours before heading to bed. Overall, planning each day is something only I can manage to do (but not execute), although I can scarcely hope I can plan ahead enough to get my wedding underway very soon, or at the very least, not a fumbling mess.