Cubs Win: 13 Things That Happened In This Year's World Series Championship

Go Cubs Go, Go Cubs Go, Hey Chicago what do you say, the CUBS are going to win today!

26
ABCNEWS

On November 2, 2016 history was made and we will always remember where we were when it happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series for the first time in 108 years and it was their first appearance to the World Series in 71 years. It was an historic game to say the least, the Cubs weren't going to win easily, because after 108 years the cubs proved that they are worth rooting for. Here are 12 things that happened during this World Series:

1. Chicago Placed Green Apples on Harry Caray's statue outside of Wrigley.

"As sure as God made green apples, some day the Chicago Cubs are going to be in the World Series." Well they did it, and Chicago never forgot what Caray said about green apples. If you haven't watched this Budweiser commercial, grab a box of tissues and listen to Caray call one last game.

2. The Cleveland Indians blew a 3-1 lead.

And Wrigley Field didn't let them forget it.

3. When Rizzo told Ross he was in a glass case of Emotion.

So was every Chicago Cubs fan during that game, and after because I'm still thinking that this is a dream.

4. Having a 5-1 lead and thinking that this is really going to happen.

But that's the great and worst thing about baseball, anything can happen.

5. Ross hitting a Home Run.

This was Ross' last game and what a way to go out with a home run during game 7 to give Chicago a 6-3 lead and leaving with a World Series title.

6. The game tying at 6-6.

Told you anything can happen.

7. The game going into extra innings.

The sigh of relief when we made the last out and knew our Cubs were still in this and were fighting for the title.

8. A FREAKING RAIN DELAY

Because we already weren't anxious enough, why not have a rain delay before the 10th inning.

9. WHEN ZOBRIST AND MONTERO SAVED THE GAME

The rain delay played in our favor, because the Cubs rallied together and got down to business.

10. Changing pitchers twice in the last inning.

Because the first two pitching changes resulted in Cleveland scoring two runs each time, and we still thought the cubs was cursed. My mom told me to just trust Joe, thank God I listened.

11. Bryant making the last out with a smile on his face.

Every kid who grows up playing a sport dreams about making the last play to win the big game, this was it for Bryant. He knew this was it, Chicago knew this was it, it was happening, we were going to win the World Series.

12. FLYING THE W FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 108 FOR A WORLD SERIES WIN

Can the W fly until opening day?

13. NEVER HAVING TO HEAR IT'S BEEN 108 YEARS SINCE...

This was a historic World Series for both teams, one was going to end a drought and one was going to keep having the longest.

There are 108 stitches on a baseball, it had been 108 years and this was Chicago's time. The Cubs have won, I still think I'm going to get a little teary-eyed every time I think about it, or see it because I and everyone who watched that game witnessed something many thought would never happen again. Let's just hope it doesn't take another 71 years to go back and another 108 to win.

GO CUBS GO!