To The First Cubs Fans

To The First Cubs Fans

A letter to our loved ones who loved the Cubs.

9
To The First Cubs Fans
Original Photo

To our loved ones who loved the Cubs more than we do,

Well, we did it; the Chicago Cubs finally won the World Series after over 100 years of disappointment, and it was all for you. For the many times you wished they would at least make it to the playoffs, but never did, we experienced history in your honor. It's at this time when we miss you just a little bit more than usual as we reminisce about our childhood and other previous moments with you and our beloved Cubbies. All the hot Chicago summer days when we decided there was nothing else to do but go to Wrigley Field, sit on the burning seats, enjoy a hot dog, and hope that maybe the Cubs would at least score a run. How times have changed and how much we wish you could experience these moments we are feeling right now with us. You are the true reasons why we began to love the Cubs.

As all of Chicago celebrates in the streets of Wrigleyville, we know you all are celebrating with us, singing "Go! Cubs! Go!" and flying the W as you all have waited an eternity for this moment. It is also at this time when all of Chicago becomes united as one, regardless of the location we reside in, all because of how much we love the Cubs. Although this moment may not come again for a long time (fingers crossed it won't be another 108 years), we will hold onto this occasion for as long as we live and definitely never forget it. We are all thinking about you and dedicating this amazing victory to you all.

In the future seasons to come, we will always dedicate any Cubs win in your honor because we know the Cubs organization would be nothing without you; the original fans. Without you, the first round of Cubs fans, we wouldn't have any of the infamous traditions we value that make us unique to any other Major League Baseball team. These traditions that started with you will be carried with the Chicago Cubs from generation to generation passing them on to our family members, just the way you taught us. With all that you have done for us, you have proved to all of America that Chicago is truly the best city for sports. Now, with this World Series win, all we can do is hope for another miracle that you all gave to us this year.

To Poppy: I miss you every day. I know you are smiling down on us as you watched your favorite team become world champions. Although you could not experience this in person, experiencing it the way you did is just as equally, if not more, exciting. We love you and hope you are as happy as we are. This one was for you.

Congratulations, Chicago Cubs!