Couples That Are Anything But #RelationshipGoals

10 couples we shouldn't be romanticizing

37
huffpost.com

With Halloween in our midst, we have seen so many couple costumes romanticizing couples that one probably shouldn't be looking up to.

1. Carrie and Big from Sex and The City

This is probably one of TV’s most well-known on-again off-again couples, but they really should never have ended up together. Mr. Big is the absolute worst. He only seemed to want her when he couldn’t have her, he cheated on his wife with her (does “once a cheater, always a cheater” ring any bells?), he’s the worst with commitment and he brings out the worst person in Carrie. Oh, and did we forget the time HE LEFT HER AT THE ALTER? So, I’m sorry but if you break up with someone, you need to stay broken up, and if they abandon you on your wedding day, that’s a big red flag.

2. Khal Drogo and Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones

He rapes her. Literally, why is this even debated as being a good relationship?

3. Sandy and Danny from Grease

If being with a boy means you have to change your persona and values, it’s really not the way to go. He should like you for who you are. At first look, we thought she was a strong-willed character by refusing to conform to the role of the vapid Pink Ladies. The whole moral of the story is: turn into a badass, leather-clad, smoking and partying girl so then you and your bad boy can be together forever and fly away in a car. So, she won’t change for her girls but she will change for her boyfriend. This isn’t really a message anyone should follow.

4. Ross and Rachel from Friends

The way Ross always whines about not getting Rachel basically for the entire time is incredibly frustrating and immature. He’s basically the epitome of those “nice guys finish last” boys who can’t seem to grasp the fact that the girl just doesn’t want you. Get over it. If Ross hadn’t sat on his hands he could’ve gotten her much sooner instead of creepily pining over her for years. But, apart form that, they’re completely incompatible, they have nothing in common, always argue, and can never get their feelings straight.

5. Ana and Christian from Fifty Shades of Grey.

He stalks her by tracking her phone to find her. That’s against the law; if he wasn’t so sharply dressed and wealthy, you’d arrest the guy. Additionally, he buys the publishing firm where she works so he can keep an eye on her, and essentially manipulates her into staying because he knows that she really wants the job. I don’t care if he’s “fifty shades of fucked up,” he’s a creepy, controlling and manipulative spoiled brat

6. Chuck and Blair from Gossip Girl

The series starts out with Chuck attempting to rape Serena and later on, Jenny. That waves a whole world of red flags even before Chuck and Blair ever start getting involved. Does anyone remember that time he traded her for a hotel? Or when she was pregnant and he shoved her against a wall, slammed his fist through a window, cutting open her face? He also abandoned her right before their grand European tour in season one and he even cheated on her with Jenny. SO. MANY. RED. FLAGS.

7. Aria and Ezra from Pretty Little Liars

First, we have the whole age gap. Aria is 16 when she meets Ezra who has to be at least 25 when they start dating based on the required education needed to be a teacher in Pennsylvania. This is technically illegal because she’s not an adult yet. Additionally we have the fact that they continue to date throughout her high school career and beyond, which is again, illegal. Their relationship is really just on shaky moral and legal grounds, Mr. Fitz should know better than to continue dating his student.

8. Harley and The Joker from Suicide Squad

The Joker is physically and emotionally abusive; he has Harley as his own personal plaything. She’s basically going through what thousands of woman around the world face every day. The Joker throws her out a window for catching Batman in the comics, and she shrugs it off as him just being annoyed. I don’t care if you think they’re crazy together, that’s not the point, no one should face abuse day in and day out and you certainly need to stop romanticizing it.

8. Alex and Piper from Orange is the New Black

Alex stabs Piper in the back and gets her arrested even though she was the one who pressured her into her drug ring. Piper also put Alex back in jail after she was released, and Piper is a serial cheater. Cheating on Larry with Alex and Alex with Stella just opens up a whole world of problems. Piper is also the absolute worst, she treats people like trash, and especially those who try to have her back.

10. Tate and Violet from American Horror Story: Murder House

First, Tate is a violent psychopath who shoots up his school killing fifteen people, which Violet finds out about and then kills herself over. Secondly, Tate rapes and impregnates Violet’s mother. Thirdly, he still continues to murder and assault other people in the house.