4 Cool Apps You Didn't Know Existed | The Odyssey Online

4 Cool Apps You Didn't Know Existed

Here are four awesome apps that you'll want to download immediately!

378
4 Cool Apps You Didn't Know Existed
Wordpress

The internet is full of millions of unique and interesting apps that most people will simply scroll past or overlook. Well here is a short list of cool apps that you may not have known existed but will be thankful that you do now. Every app listed below is free and conveniently available in Google Play store.

1. Drippler

Drippler is a free app that you can find in the Google Play Store. This is the type of surprisingly interesting app that will open the door to even more surprisingly interesting apps. It gives useful tips and suggestions about your smartphone that most people may not even know their cellphone is capable of. And to top it off, Drippler works as an assistant for your device, so you can ask questions at any time. It’s like having your very own tech support in the palm of your hand! It is most definitely an app for the (low-key) tech savvy.

2. StumbleUpon

Here's an app that will have you stumbling and stumbling for hours. You can either use the app or go directly to the website itself online to experience the wide range of topics it has in store. StumbleUpon takes your personal interests and hobbies and uses them to generate webpages that pertain specifically to you. Be it a video, comic, blog, article, pictures – you name it, and this app will show you something new and interesting. From health and wellness to humor to politics, the interests that the app caters to are innumerable. So next time you’re sitting around bored or just feeling a little curious, download the app and discover new things.

3. Google Translate

Now you may be thinking, “Everyone already uses Google Translate. It’s what got me through my Spanish class!” But did you use the app to its fullest?

The Google Translate app has many different features that enable the user to translate languages with efficiency. There are more ways to translate a sentence than having to type all the words in yourself and dealing with an auto-correct that keeps changing "me llamo"into "me llama". With Google Translate, you can simply look at the foreign words through your device’s camera and see them translated before your very eyes. Also, you can handwrite the language you're seeing for quicker and easier input without any hassle. If you already knew all that, did you know that the app also has an offline mode for easy translating virtually anywhere?

4. Line

Line is a Korean free messaging app. Users can create a personalized profile that friends can comment on with a picture, video or text message. The app allows you to create group chats, follow celebrities and even talk with friends anytime you want with free calling – not to mention the hilarious stickers it comes with to liven up any chat. But the thing that sets Line apart from other popular messaging apps or your own phone's SMS is the app's ability to translate your text live, enabling you to text someone who does not speak your language. That’s right, no more language barriers!