Consoling The Heart of Jesus | The Odyssey Online

Consoling The Heart of Jesus

He wants our help.

203
Consoling The Heart of Jesus
Snoring Scholar

Consulting the heart of Jesus is just what it sounds like. It is comforting our Lords' heart. In the way, we would want to console a friend who is hurting we should want to console Jesus. Jesus when through so much pain in trial here on earth. The endured the most painful death: being crucified and suffering much physical abuse before He was handed the cross. The also had to suffer much emotional pain: two of His friends betraying Him, hearing the ones He loved yell crucify Him repeatedly, getting mocked and spit on, and seeing the few people who cared in so much sorrow watching Him. At least all the pain is over, no actually it is not. The Lord is constantly being rejected. People fully reject Him in the idea of Him and even His believers reject Him daily with our weak trust. Many people who believe Jesus are indifferent to His pain and this is what Hurts Jesus the most. According to the book Consoling the Heart of Jesus, this indifference and rejection today pains Him more than everything the endured on the cross. Jesus is in pain. He needs us, just like when our friends are in pain and consoling so does Jesus. Are We up to the challenge?

So how do we do this? How do we console His heart? To get a full in depth answer read "Consoling the Heart of Jesus." It is an amazing and inspiring book. Until then here are a few points on how we can console His heart.

Be present with Him. Spend some time where you fully focused on Him alone. The Lord wants to have a relationship with us and wants you to just spend time with Him like He asked James, Peter and John to be with Him in the Garden.

Reflecting on His passion. One of the reasons we have trouble consoling Him is because our hearts have been Harden by the world. This helps us soften our hearts so we can truly see how much the Lord needs our help.

Allow Him to be your savior. Jesus became human, not just human but a helpless little baby so that He could be our savior. That's what He wants, allow Him to be your savior in your daily life through the sacraments and just relying on Him.

Take part in His mission that He has given you. He has invited all of us to be part of His plan. Take your part and lead His people to Him. What better way to console the Lords' heart then bringing His children who have rejected Him fully or in small ways to Him to love Him!

If you have the chance to read the book you should because it is life changing! Consoling the Heart of Jesus is such an important thing. When we do the things listed above it makes everything the Lord endured worth it! It makes Him want to endure all the pain of our sins so we can come and sit at the foot of His cross and console Him.