Why being a Computer Scientist is more important than ever (and why I like being one)

Don't pick on computer nerds, you need us more than you realize.

35
Accredited Schools Online

Society has a lot of important positions, integral to the continued cohesion of the world. Some are leaders , some make sure the streets are safe, and others help in their own ways. Though, some of the most important people in the world as it is now are Computer Scientists.

Technology is ever-changing, more so in recent times than ever before. New computers, phones, and other devices are being put out with newer and more intricate workings by the day. With the frequency and amount of output of these devices, Computer Scientists are always necessary to both create and service these products.

The modern age is all about the internet now. Over 3 billion people use it daily for entertainment, communication, work, and information. Entire businesses and economic systems rely on it. The world would be an entirely different place without it. The internet (along with the devices that utilize it) the world needs also requires constant maintenance and development from capable technicians.

The field of Computer Science is difficult to master, whether in Networking, Software Engineering, or IT. Few try to study the field, and fewer still become qualified. As a result, there is always a demand for new hires, and the salary is steep. Most starting salaries in the field are above $70k a year.

The future of entertainment, warfare, business, transportation, communication, and of course technology itself rely heavily on the efforts of Computer Scientists.

In entertainment, none of the following would be possible without us. Video Games, CGI for movies and other media, some art mediums, and a lot of modern music would not be possible.\

Warfare would be a lot more difficult, we would not have drones or targeting systems on any equipment. No night vision or automatic calculations of bullet trajectories either.

In the realm of business, the networks within, advertising, customer services (such as web help and ease of communication), and finance management would grind to a halt.

Transportation services would be vulnerable to error, there would be no self-driving cars, GPS systems would not exist.

Communication would be very minimal at best. Phones would only be used for calling, if that. Any sort of messaging or video chat services would simply not exist.

Technology and the Internet are constantly evolving. In the field, there are always new paths and concepts to explore. Computer Scientists are almost always creating or involved with the latest technological advances. We ensure that these new concepts are as effective and reliable as they can be, for, in a way, we shape the world with them. The need for people like us will only grow.

So, long story short, don't pick on us for what we do. You need us.