Find Your Perfect College Major Beer Pairing | The Odyssey Online

If College Majors Were Different Kinds Of Beer

Come on, no ones surprised by finance.

618
Different Kinds Of Beer

You've seen if college majors were Taco Bell items and Thanksgiving foods but what about beers? Let's take a look, shall we? Especially with International Beer Day coming up (August 2). Some of these shouldn't be surprising.

Business - Budweiser

Budweisera bottle of beer sitting on top of a cement slab Photo by Laurenz Krabisch on Unsplash

A classic beer, classic major, both will get the job done.

Communications - Bud Light

Bud Lightblue bud light can on gray wooden table Photo by Christophe Dion on Unsplash

If business or darker beers aren't your thing, try communications for a little lighter fare Basically the little but equally popular brother of business.

Pre-Med - Blue Moon

Blue MoonBlue Moon Painting - Shelly Bartek | Some of Shelly Bartek's… | Flickrwww.flickr.com

Classy, sophisticated but still here to party through all the never-ending years of schooling.

Sports Medicine - Miller Lite

Miller LiteMiller Lite - new vortex bottle | thin, watery, fizzy, w/ li… | Flickrwww.flickr.com

A fine bro's beer for a fine bro's major.

Nursing - Rita's

Bud Light Rita

Small and strong, easy to drink and gets you drunk fast so you can get back to studying before clinicals.

Political Science - Angry Orchard

Angry OrchardAngry Tree Cider | pissed off pomme | Rusty Clark ~ 100K Photos ...www.flickr.com

A little sweet and a little tart, just like politics. They'll even be able to up a mean argument about why cider should count as beer.

Graphic Design - Insert Local Craft Beer Here

Craft Beer
Creative and different and unique. Totally hip. Enough said.

Literature - Pabst Blue Ribbon

Pabst Blue RibbonFile:China Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer - 2017.png - Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org

Still undoubtedly hip, but just a little more lowkey.

Math - Guinness

GuinessWexford in Guiness glass | Toms Baugis | Flickrwww.flickr.com

Science - Yuengling

YuenglingYuengling | Ryan Glenn | Flickrwww.flickr.com

Tastes good going down, not so much coming back up, just like most general science knowledge.

Education - Sam Adams

Samuel AdamsFile:Samuel Adams Summer.jpg - Wikimedia Commonscommons.wikimedia.org

Just like there are lots of different routes in education, there's a flavor of Sam's for everyone. (I'm betting Summer Shandy is their fav.)

Engineering - Stella Artois

Stella ArtoisStella Artois - Belgian Lager | ...it's not your typical Bel… | Flickrwww.flickr.com

Picking Stella at a college dive bar says "I try to make good choices." (or "I think I'm better than half of you.") basically, the same way picking engineering as your major does.

Psychology - Coors Light

Coors LightCoors Light in Fridge | Rob Nguyen | Flickrwww.flickr.com

After about the fifth or sixth can, they might start messing with your head, you might even start to feel like you're in the Rockies.

Agriculture - Busch Light

Busch LightFile:Busch Beer (19713355251).jpg - Wikimedia Commonscommons.wikimedia.org

The beer of small town agriculturalists everywhere. We practically invented the phrase "Hold my beer and watch this."

Finance - Natty Light

Natty LightNatty Light Beer

It's cheap, perfect for those who care about money. Jk, it's associated with frat boys and frat boys are associated with finance.

Want to know more about beer?

It's summertime, beer season! That's why August 2nd is International Beer Day. Our community has you covered with more stories about beer:

1. The Benefits of Drinking Beer: Let us count the ways. There are more than you might think.
  2. Best Beers to Beat The Heat: Drinking beer goes hand-in-hand with cooling off, especially when you have one of these.
  3. Delicious Beer Substitutes: Is beer not typically your thing? Try one of these instead.
  4. Unique Beer Flavors to Try: Whether it's hard apple cider or the tase of wild blueberries, these are great options.