8 Christmas Movies To Make Finals Season A Little More Jolly | The Odyssey Online

8 Christmas Movies You Should Watch To Make Finals Season A Little More Jolly

It's the most wonderful (and stressful!) time of the year!

69
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDi5zH18vxU

Everyone's favorite time of year is approaching once again. With Thanksgiving behind us, most everyone is looking forward to sitting around the tree and drinking hot chocolate.... unless you're a college student, in which case, the only thing you're going to be sitting around is your laptop and desk and drinking your fourth cup of coffee for the day.

Fear not, though; Christmas is just around the corner, which means your finals are almost over! In case you want to be a little more festive before you start heading home, though, here are some high-quality Christmas movies you can watch in between those long hours of studying.

1. "Love, Actually' (2003)  

Via Flickr

Doesn't everyone just love a good rom-com? Sit back and watch nine different, yet intertwined, stories come together through love! (Honestly, you could watch this movie any time of the year, but it does have some Christmas-y aspects to it, so why not give yourself another excuse to watch it?)

2. "The Holiday" (2006) 

Via Flickr

Another rom-com, you ask? Absolutely! During Christmas, two strangers meet online and fall in love... but not quite in the ways you might expect from your classic romantic comedies. Definitely give this watch! (Also, Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet are in this, so I feel like that alone should give you the incentive.)

3. "White Christmas" (1954)

Via Wikimedia Commons

This is an older one, but it is one of my absolute FAVORITE movies of all time. Did you know Bing Crosby's single of "White Christmas" is the most-selling song of all time? Go watch the movie and you'll definitely see why. If you are a fan of musicals, this movie is jam-packed of lilting, beautiful songs that will get your foot tapping and will make you all warm and fuzzy. (Also, it's a romantic comedy. Christmas rom-coms are the best!)

4. "Christmas Vacation" (1989)

Via Flickr

If you and your family haven't gotten your Christmas tree yet, I highly recommend hitching a ride with the Griswolds when they go pick out their "Griswold Family Tree" at the beginning of this quirky, hilarious movie. It's not a rom-com, but get ready to laugh!

5. "Christmas Inheritance" (2017)

Via YouTube

While this movie pretty much follows the "big city girl needing to go to a small town in the middle of nowhere which ends up changing her whole life" trope, I can definitely tell you that this movie is sure to warm your heart, and make you even more excited for Christmas.

6. "How The Grinch Stole Christmas!" (1966)

Via dailymotion

No, no, I'm not talking about the live action, I'm talking about the 1966 animated one. (Honestly, the live-action adaptation kind of really freaked me out.) Pros to watching: it's Christmas, and it's the Grinch, and it's only 26 minutes long. Cons: none.

7. "The Christmas Card" (2006)

Via YouTube

It almost seems as if this article has become a plug for Hallmark movies, but then again, since when did Hallmark ever make a bad Christmas movie? This one, in my honest opinion, has to be one of the sweetest and heart-warming movies they ever made. Hint: it involves a Christmas card and- you guessed it- romance!

8. "Jingle All The Way" (1996)

Via YouTube

In this movie, a dedicated dad makes it his mission to buy his son an action figure that he really wants for Christmas, except there's only one problem: every single store is sold out of him. Get ready for a bunch of laughing in this comedy-of-errors type of movie.

Well, there you have it, a short but sweet list of some of my favorite Christmas movies that I'm sure will help you get through the home stretch. Until then, you're going to do great on your finals, and Merry Christmas (and happy movie-watching)!