Choosing A College Or University Does Not Only Mean Choose Where You Want To Go! | The Odyssey Online

Choosing A College Or University Does Not Only Mean Choose Where You Want To Go!

They also have to consider the opportunities that the college or university provides for their major, minor, or career.

22
https://www.maxpixel.net/College-Graduation-Graduation-Graduate-University-5948644

High school seniors have to apply to colleges or universities. Most high school seniors choose colleges or universities based on how they look or what they have for fun. However, choosing a college or university is not all about where they want to go. They also have to consider the opportunities that the college or university provides for their major, minor, or career.

Some colleges or universities are Ivy League. Some high school seniors apply for those colleges because they are good to go to, they will increase their academic reputation, and they will increase their chances of landing a job. However, they have to make sure if the college or university is good for their major, minor, or career. Some colleges or universities that are not Ivy League are well-known for that certain major, minor, or career. These colleges or universities can help them land a job for that certain major, minor, or career.

Some colleges or universities have master’s programs. Some majors, minors, or careers require college students to pursue a master’s degree. Imagine a scenario where a high school senior gets into his or her dream college. Sadly, his or her dream college or university does not have a master’s program or does not require a master’s degree for his or her major, minor, or career. However, another student went to a college or university that has a master’s program or requires a master’s degree for his or her major, minor, or career. Master’s degrees help students increase their chances of getting hired and earning more money. The high school senior will not get this opportunity because of his or her dream college. This will be unfair to him or her.

If you are a high school senior, then make sure that you research the opportunities that your college provides for your major, minor, or career first. Then, you can decide which one to go to.