Why 20-Somethings Should Go To Disney World | The Odyssey Online

Why Every 20-Something Needs To Go Back To Disney World BEFORE Having Kids, Not After

Enjoy being the kid again before you have kids of your own!

214
Personal Photo

OK, so I may or may not be a millennial, the generation cutoff year is not quite clear. But what is clear is that I'm a childless young adult who just got back from Disney World!

I had the best time ever! I went on the Haunted Mansion twice, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster, Frozen Ever After, and so many other rides. Not only that, I also drank my way through Epcot.

It was so great to be able to do what I want when I wanted to.

Now I understand that there is a different type of "magic" that a family feels when they see Disney World through a child's eye, but trust me, Disney does not lose its magic just because you go without children.

In fact, some elements are more magical when you're an adult, such as interacting with the characters.

When you're with a child, they might get starstruck because they are meeting their idol, and there might not be a lot of talking. Yes, it's adorable, but it also takes some of the fun out of the situation.

When you're an adult meeting the characters, you can ask the most ridiculous questions and see what their responses are.

I asked Snow White which of the seven dwarfs was the messiest. It was a silly question, but it was fun for me and most likely fun for Snow White to think of a clever answer. (By the way, she said they are all pretty messy, but the messiest would have to be Grumpy.)

Don't forget that going without children means sleeping in and staying up late.

While all the families are running to the park for rope drop, you can sleep in and show up to the park when they are all headed back to the resort for nap time.

Then, when there are those late extra magic hours, you don't have to worry about a sleepy child who can't stay awake that late at night. You can stay in the Magic Kingdom until midnight because you only have YOU to worry about.

I know there are so many wonderful reasons to go to Disney with children, but I promise you that going to Disney without children is just as fun.

So, if you're able to, go do it! You won't regret it.