Chapter Overview: Alpha Omicron Pi

Chapter Overview: Alpha Omicron Pi

Exceeding the expectations since 1897

156
Chapter Overview: Alpha Omicron Pi

Nickname: A-O-Pi.

National founding: Barnard College, 1897.

UA founding: 1967.

Chapter name: Alpha Delta.

Chapter website: ua.alphaomicronpi.org.

"Alpha Omicron Pi isn't the sorority you see in the movies, it's better. It's wearing your first AOII shirt proudly across campus and seeing other AOIIs across campus and waving even though you don't know their name yet; it's learning the history of a bond that began so many years ago, but is still so relevant; it's watching movies in your big's apartment even though you still don't get that math homework; and it's becoming inseparable from girls you never thought would be your best friend. You don't come to college ready for everything, but you leave as an Alpha Omicron Pi who can take on the world with her sisters beside her." Morgan Patrick, PC '14.

"I love AOII because everyone is so down to earth and fun. I never have to act like someone I'm not around my sisters. They always make me laugh and are always down to have a good time. I couldn't imagine myself in another house besides AOII!" Hannah Medwin, VP of Chapter Development, PC '12.

"Alpha Omicron Pi has always exceeded my expectations. I knew from the time I opened my bid day card on Saturday, August 17, 2013 I had made an amazing decision in choosing AOII as my number one pick. After being a part of this sorority for the past two years it has made me a better person. It has made me a better leader on campus and given me the most amazing friends I could ever ask for. I know that if I am having a bad day my roommate will always be down with having random dance parties to lighten my mood. Along with this, if I’m having a good day, my sisters will be there to celebrate with me. I am beyond thankful for the many memories AOII has given me and can’t wait for the many more it will give me in the years to come." Ainsley LeBlanc, New Member Educator PC '13.

"Becoming a part of AOII's sisterhood has been a life changing experience. I continue to grow into the woman I want to be because of this chapter. It's truly a blessing to be able to do life with such amazing sisters and I look forward to the great memories AOII will bring in the years to come."
Katie Roberts, Assistant Recruitment Chair, PC '13.

"I knew I wanted to go AOII when I laughed so hard that I cried on skit day. Even now, my sisters are the people in the world who make me laugh more than anything. When I think I'm having the worst day, all it takes is a minute at the AOII house and I'm smiling again." Sarah Augustinsky, PC '13.

"AOII is my home away from home. Coming from a small town out of state, I was really nervous about moving away and completely starting over. When I first walked into AOII, I just knew that I wanted to make this my home. Knowing that I could come inside and be myself and my sisters would love me no matter what is what made my decision a no brainer. I'm so proud to call myself an AOII and I'm so blessed to have amazing sisters and friends!"
Brit Forte, PC '14.

"Joining AOII has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I gained sisters that I will be with me for a lifetime. I am always myself at the AOII house and I feel right at home when I'm there. One of my main goals as Assistant Recruitment Chair is to make sure the PNMs get to see our strong values, enthusiasm and love for one another at the AOII house."
Ariana Mendola, Assistant Recruitment Chair, PC '13.

"AOII means more to me than I could ever explain. It has given me confidence, opportunities, fun, adventure and most importantly 350 friends to lean on in good times and in bad. It's the comforting place on campus --my home away from home!" Caroline Carver, Chapter President, PC '12.