Why You Need To Go To Warped Tour

Why You Need To Go To Warped Tour

Prepare to get warped!

17
Why You Need To Go To Warped Tour

So the Vans Warped Tour has been around for quite some time now. This past summer, the tour celebrated its 20th anniversary. Given how music has changed over time, it's pretty impressive that it's been able to continue to grow.

Warped Tour brings the rock to people all around the United States, Canada, Europe and Australia. Since its beginning in 1995, Warped Tour has featured fantastic acts such as Billy Idol, Blink-182, A.F.I, My Chemical Romance, Rise Against, Cobra Starship, Fall Out Boy, Eminem, Gym Class Heroes, Ice-T, Paramore and even Katy Perry.

Warped Tour is a chance for teenagers and adults to see one, if not a handful of their favorite bands in one day. With such a huge music festival, there are endless opportunities for surprise guest appearances from big-name artists who used to be on the tour or selected dates when some bands might appear for a special set. The best part about Warped Tour is the opportunity to experience new things. Fans have a chance to meet their favorite bands and win or purchase special merchandise.

Although the lineups have drastically changed over the years with the new waves of music, Warped Tour never disappoints. There are different acts that everyone can enjoy. The last time I went to Warped Tour in my hometown in 2008, I saw Katy Perry and Cobra Starship. 3OH!3 was even there, and I met and high-fived every member of The Academy Is…

The tickets are affordable, usually under $50, which makes them the perfect price range for teens and college students who may not have as much money to blow on a concert ticket.

Another fun thing at Warped Tour is the free stuff. Who doesn't love free stuff? Promoters and sponsors for the tour hand out merch for people as they walk in or visit tables and tents. Sometimes it might be a pair of shades, a CD or a drawstring backpack, but all of the swag come in handy, especially if you forgot one of those items back at home.

You are going to leave Warped Tour with so many amazing memories. Some might be sentimental while others might be funny or embarrassing. Either way, those memories will stick with you over the years. I have my share of interesting memories, and they never cease to make me smile when I reminisce on my adventures at Warped Tour. I still have the paper that Madina Lake signed for me, and the picture I took with them after their set. I still have the My Chemical Romance Shirts For A Cure t-shirt I got at my first Warped Tour in 2007. My cork-board displays my tickets, tacked up by one another.

If you have the chance to go to Warped Tour in your city or a city nearby, take it! You won't be disappointed! After going, you'll be forever warped and counting the days until you can go back.

Check out the dates for the tour here.