10 Places You Have To See In Brookhaven, MS

Some of the best parts of this little town.

5506
brookhaven-ms-real-estate.com

Brookhaven, MS has always been the biggest part of my life but when I came to college I quickly realized how small it was. Most people had no clue where it was or what was there. Well, having lived there all my life, I am going to tell you the best parts of Brookhaven, Mississippi:

1. Bromas

This is first on the list because if I mention Brookhaven to people the first thing they relate to our town is Bromas. This restaurant is one of the most popular spots to eat in town and is right off of the highway so those traveling through can make a quick stop.

2. Downtown

I never really appreciated how precious downtown Brookhaven was till I left but it truly is one of the best in the state. With great shopping and places to eat, our downtown is worth the visit and defines our town

3. MSA

The Mississippi School of the Arts is located right here in Brookhaven and consists of some of the most talented students in the state. MSA is located on the old campus of Whitworth College, right in the center of our town, and hosts the tallest building in our town (their dormitory).

4. Brookhaven Little Theatre

Our historic theatre began as a movie theater but transitioned into a playhouse in 1968. It has put on over 150 plays and provides our community with quality entertainment, while being one of the most pictured places in our town.

5. Janie's Pastry

Known for their chicken on a stick and delicious goodies, Janie's is a local favorite. This bakery is right downtown and has served our community cookies, cakes, donuts, and lunches for years. If you are passing through Brookhaven treat yourself to something from Janie's.

6. Exchange Club Fair

Throughout the year our local fair opens up with rides and games for families to flock to, while also raising money to better our community. This fair is hands down one of the cutest aspects of Brookhaven and is worth a trip if you are nearby.

7. The Coffee Pot

This building was once a restaurant that opened in 1831 but is now closed down. The building still stands with a huge coffee pot in the roof, which is now a historic

8. South Jackson St

If you want to see old historic homes take a drive down this road to get a glimpse of our town's history. This street is one of my favorites because it is crowded with old oaks and old, stately homes.

9. Inn on Whitworth

This hotel has quickly become a staple in our town for visitors. Our inn offers a fantastic experience in the heart of downtown, while being noted as the best hotel in Mississippi. If you need a place to stay when passing through I suggest booking a stay here.

10. Bowie's

If you want fantastic barbecue in the comfort of a log cabin, also right off of the highway, Bowie's is the place to be. They have fantastic barbecue and hushpuppies that are the best in the state! Also, you can get a dozen hushpuppies, that are bigger than a golf ball, for a dollar. You're welcome.

I am forever thankful for this town filled with good people, great food, and better memories. These places have shaped my 18 years of living and I am blessed to have a town like this to call home. Brookhaven may be small and obsolete in the minds of some but will always hold a special place in my heart.