What To Do When You're Broke And Bored

What To Do When You're Broke And Bored

Story of my life.

312
What To Do When You're Broke And Bored
So Bored, So Broke

I know summer can seem like such a daunting break if you have nothing to do! Have no fear though because there are plenty of “fun in the sun” activities to get you through the days! Most of these can also be applied any time of the year!

The number one activity is to exercise in some way! It’s good to just get outside! Get some sun and fresh air. If you sit inside all day, bundled up and doing nothing, then yes, you will be bored. You’ll also most likely end up complaining about it too. Some great activities are hiking, swimming, and going on walks!

My friend and I usually like to find waterfalls nearby wherever we are. We go visit and there’s usually a hike involved. There are also gorgeous lookouts too. So you can get your exercise in by hiking and have a nice view to look at all the while! Win win!

Swimming pretty much speaks for itself. When it’s hot outside, it’s always nice to take a dip into a pool, lake, ocean, or any water source near you! It works out your entire body and it can be very peaceful too! Along with water, if there are kayaks or floats around you or your friend’s houses, those are always fun too!

Tanning is always a must for me when it’s hot outside! There’s not point to go to a tanning salon when you have your buddy, Mr. Sun, outside! My only suggestion is to wear sunscreen! It’s very important! You don’t want to end up with skin cancer or leather-like skin, do you?

Another activity is reading! You can do this while tanning if you’d like. I personally love to have a hot bath at night and read then, but I also enjoy reading other times too! Some of my favorite authors are Rupi Kaur, Ellen Hopkins, and Sarah Dessen.

If you aren’t a reader, you can always do crafts! There are plenty of different ways to be creative and crafty! You could simply write in a journal with doodles, or you could paint! I personally love painting!

I’m also addicted to my planner and it’s fun to decorate your plans! Think of it as scrapbooking inside of a planner! Just work with what you have and have fun with it!

There are also adult coloring books now, so if you have one, find a page you like, and get to work! If you don’t have one, there are plenty on Google you can just print off! These pages take a while to color because they’re usually pretty detailed, but it’s also a great way to be creative and pass the time! Think how cool it’ll look when you’ve finished!

You can always start a new TV show or find a movie to watch! If you have a game console, play a video game! Binge watching shows is always a good way to pass the time! Some of my favorite shows are "Parks and Recreation," "The Office," "Gossip Girl," "Once Upon A Time," "Scandal," "Keeping up with the Kardashians," "Orange is the New Black," and "Scream Queens." There are tons of others shows I watch, but the list would be a mile long if I continued! All of these shows are on Netflix and Hulu so if you have those, binge on! If not, plenty of these shows are elsewhere online.

Another easy and fun thing to do is hanging out with friends! Almost everything I’ve listed about are great activities to do with the company of your friends! Friends just seem to make everything better. I love hanging out with friends, even if we aren’t doing anything, because we continuously laugh and have a good time no matter what! You can also have a mini photo shoot and take tons of selfies or photos to remember the times you've had with amazing people!

None of your friends able to hang out? There are a couple of activities you can do all by yourself! Of course, you can do everything I’ve listed alone too, if you’d prefer!

If you’re looking for another creative outlet that doesn’t involve crafting, you could always create a blog or YouTube channel. Some people don’t like being on video for various reasons that are all understandable, so a blog or website is a great way to write down your thoughts and reach out to others! If you are comfortable videoing yourself, then I’d say go for it! I have both a blog and YouTube channel. They’re both great ways to be creative in your own way!

You can always make a playlist to go along with whatever you’re feeling! A playlist for summer, working out, driving, and pretty much anything else! Music is always a big part of everything I do, so playlists are a must! When you finish making that playlist, give it an awesome name, and get up to dance around your bedroom to your new music! Have some fun with it! If you don’t want to make a playlist, Pandora is always a great place to go for free playlists.

Spending some quality time with your family whenever available is also a good activity. They do miss you, you know.

Last but not least, you can always get a part time job to make some extra cash on the side! I know this option is usually not wanted, but it is a way to be able to do things involving money too!

Being bored and broke doesn’t have to be something to dread all the time. There are plenty of things to do that involve little or no money. Then again, you can just sit at home bundled up all the time if you’d like. That involved no money too and naps are a bonus!