The Best Places To Eat In Walt Disney World | The Odyssey Online

The Best Places To Eat In Walt Disney World

A list of my favorite Disney restaurants.

25
Ellie Kypriotis

While being on vacation, one thing that my family and I always do when we first check into a resort in a new place is to ask as soon as possible, where are good places to eat around here? To me, being in a different environment and a different lifestyle, I feel like it would be necessary to try everything once. When it comes to being on vacation at Disney World, you are there for such a limited time that it is nearly impossible, not to mention, expensive to eat at their world famous restaurants, whether it is for a quick service or a full service experience.

Luckily for you, you all have me to guide you into some of the best dining experiences you will ever have. I’ve come to the conclusion that I really enjoy doing writing things in lists. Now, I’m not going to go in specific order, but the restaurants that I am going to be talking about are actually a few of my personal favorite places to dine on Disney property.

1. Be Our Guest Restaurant

Everything about this place is beyond wonderful, magical and all around exciting. I mean for me at least, growing up, "Beauty and the Beast" was my favorite Disney movie of all time. So please imagine my excitement when I get to actually eat in the Master’s castle. Throughout this restaurant there are three dining rooms: the main ballroom where Belle and the Beast shared their first dance and fell in love, the West Wing, where the Beast has made it very clear that entrance is forbidden, and the third is what I like to call the music box room. Right in the middle of the room, there is this huge music box that has Belle dancing with the Beast, and all over the walls is artwork of my favorite characters.

Not only is the ambiance of the restaurant incredible but so is the food. I’ve only been a few times for dinner but I can definitely give you some recommendations for when you go. Another fun fact about this restaurant is that it is the only place that serves alcohol in the Magic Kingdom, so for all of you who are 21+ keep this in mind. Their craft beer and wine selection is out of this world. I have had the pleasure of going to Be Our Guest three times for dinner, and I’ve eaten the roasted lamb chops, the grilled strip steak and, my personal favorite dish, the sautéed shrimp and scallops. If I could eat that every single day, I would. Lastly, please do yourself a favor and try “The Grey Stuff”, a little chocolate cake with none other than grey icing that tastes just like cookies and cream.

I’ve also come to the realization that I’m going to be talking a lot about food and I keep making the mistake of not taking pictures before I eat my meals. (I’m sorry they look way too delicious and I get too distracted and I start eating).

2. 'Ohana

Where does one even begin when it comes to talking about 'Ohana. Located at the Polynesian Resort, there is special character dining with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch in the mornings and, not to mention, it's all you can eat. Endless breakfast food experienced with your favorite pals.

For dinner though, it is a completely different experience: all you can eat, chicken, shrimp and steak. One thing that I love the most about the food here is how it is prepared. I learned from one of the waiters there that the chefs marinate their food for about three days before they serve it to their guests, which only adds that much more flavor and makes it so much more incredible. It is also served Brazilian style, meaning that your servers check on you every once in a while with skewers of meat and shrimp asking you how much you want.

To add on to this wonderful dining experience, keep in mind that if you’re eating around the same time Magic Kingdom does their Wishes nighttime spectacular, you can watch it straight from the window of the restaurant. They even play the music over the speakers.

3. Liberty Tree Tavern

Here is another great restaurant that is located in the Magic Kingdom. Right in the middle of Liberty Square, you will find it, and I would highly recommend having a reservation in advance. Also, if you were wondering, this restaurant is all you can eat too. All you can eat Thanksgiving food. Endless mashed potatoes, turkey, beef and macaroni and cheese. The unhealthiest food for you in such big servings and they just keep on coming.

I have been going to this restaurant ever since I was a little girl and it is actually a family favorite. Every time I’ve been to Disney World with my parents my one request is that we eat here for dinner.

4. Yak & Yeti

This restaurant is located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Asia. And lucky for all guests who don’t have reservations, they also have a quick service location. One of my favorite foods is Chinese food. If you’re a fan as well, I would highly recommend going over to Yak & Yeti, whether it is for a full service or quick service experience you will not be disappointed.

Some of their most popular dishes are their miso salmon, teriyaki chicken kebobs and their lo mein. If you are going to eat at their quick service location I would highly recommend getting either the teriyaki beef bowl or their honey chicken.

5. 50's Prime Time Cafe

Located at Hollywood Studios and I know I’ve probably said this a few times but this is literally one of my favorite places to eat on property. Not only is their food incredible, but so are their cast members, who are supposed to be sassy towards you. Trust me, they question you when you go to the bathroom and make sure to ask you what color the soap was, they make sure to call you out when your elbows are on the table and they are on top of you when it comes to finishing every single bite on your plate. Trust me, with the food being this delicious, you’re going to want to finish your entire plate.

The theme of this restaurant obviously takes place in the 50s but you aren’t going to any 50s-themed restaurant, you’re going to Mom’s kitchen, and in Mom’s kitchen, we are all her kids and she wants to make sure that we are all eating our vegetables. Not only are you supposed to eat all your vegetables, but your pot roast, chicken pot pie and and your fried chicken. If you’re one of the lucky kids who finishes their meal you’re rewarded with a sticker that says “Clean Plate Award."

6. Trail’s End

Ah, here comes another all you can eat breakfast & dinner buffet! Trail’s End is located at the Fort Wilderness Lodge, and I’m going to be honest with you, it's a trip just to get there, but worth it because the food is so delicious. I’ve had the pleasure of going there for both breakfast and dinner and I have nothing but positive things to say about both of them.

I mean who wouldn’t be happy with all you can eat Mickey waffles and chocolate chips Mickey waffles? For dinner though, however, it is all you can eat barbecue food: ribs, steak, chicken, mac and cheese, corn and mashed potatoes. I don’t even know if I have enough time to talk about how much delicious food Trail’s End has to offer; and don’t worry about it being expensive, it's honestly such a good price for the amount of food you’re getting.

And lastly, my favorite quick service place to eat in all of Disney World:

7. Casey’s Corner

Located on Main Street, USA in the Magic Kingdom and famously known for their corn dog nuggets. If you know me well, you will know that corn dog nuggets are the best thing to ever come into my life. Every single Magic Kingdom trip is not complete until I get my order of corn dog nuggets. I could literally talk about them forever and will never get tired of it. When someone mentions to me that they don’t even know what corn dog nuggets are I feel a sense of pain for them. I feel as if they haven’t lived or experience Magic Kingdom properly.

I feel so strongly about them, I could go on and on about how much I love them, and before you think I’m crazy I can name 10+ people who feel the exact same way. Now, for those of you who have no idea what corn dog nuggets are they are miniature corn dogs.

I was recently at Magic Kingdom and I was talking to the people at Casey's Corner about how much I love corn dog nuggets. I literally went on and on about how much I could eat them every day for the rest of my life and be completely fine with it. They got such a kick out of it and thought I was so dedicated to them, that they did a little bit of a magical moment and not only gave me one, but two orders of corn dog nuggets. Safe to say I ugly cried for the remainder of the day.

Please believe me when I say that this will definitely make an impact on your trip to this park. And when you do eat corn dog nuggets, think of me.