9 Of The Best Childhood Movies

No Matter How Old I Get, I Will Always Love These 9 Childhood Movies

Don't forget to grab the popcorn!

192

Ask any of my friends — I am the worst at watching movies. On chill nights, we love to all pile into a room and watch a movie, but half of the time I fall asleep or don't pay attention. Little do they know, I am just not interested in current movies. These classic childhood movies will always have my heart.

"Finding Nemo"

Finding Nemo

Honestly, no one makes me laugh harder than Dory. "Finding Nemo" never fails to make me happy, sad, and silly all at the same time.

"Peter Pan"

Peter Pan

Enough said. "Peter Pan" will always remind me that it is OKAY to not want to grow up. When I was younger, my parents took my brother and me on a vacation to Disney World. My mom asked me how I thought we were getting there. I responded, "Tinker Bell will give us pixie dust!"

"The Wizard of Oz"

The Wizard of Oz

"Wizard of Oz" is definitely an oldie but a goodie. Ever since I dressed up as Dorthy when I was younger, I have absolutely adored this movie (and "Wicked" too)!

"The Lion King"

The Lion King

The "Lion King" will always be one of my Disney's favorites. Except when I watch this movie, I can't help but get up and dance during all the amazing songs.

"Home Alone"

Home Alone

After every Thanksgiving, "Home Alone" is my go-to movie to watch. It never fails to get me into the holiday spirit. Even though it caused me to be scared to stay home alone when I was younger, this holiday classic with a cup of hot chocolate is perfect for the winter time.

"Toy Story"

Toy Story

I think "Toy Story" will always have the biggest spot in my heart. When I was younger, I used to listen to the "Toy Story 2" audiobook every night to fall asleep #ifyouknowyouknow.

"Matilda"

Matilda

I personally think "Matilda" is one of the more underrated movies out there. I think I rented "Matilda" at least once every other week from my local library when I was younger.

"Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"

Willy Wonka

Good old Willy Wonka. Maybe I love it so much from the candy and chocolate, but I still wonder what a Wonka Bar tastes like.

"Monsters Inc."

Monsters Inc.

I mean come on, look how cute Boo is. #nuffsaid

From red slippers to monsters, talking toys, chocolate factories, and more, these movies are just some of the ones that take me down memory lane. Even as a college student, these movies never fail to make me smile. I bet you know what I am spending my time doing during spring break.