Best Cover Songs Of All Time

Best Cover Songs Of All Time

17
Best Cover Songs Of All Time

There is something beautiful about hearing an artist's spin on a song that was made for entirely different musician. Especially if you're like me and you play your favorite songs to death, it's nice to think you're switching up your music selection when really nothing has changed at all.

High For This by Ellie Goulding / Originally by The Weekend

I really, truly love The Weeknd but I think it's safe to say that Ellie's cover is better than the original. She makes the song her own and her sweet, bird-like voice turns this track into the most perfect, haunting melody.

Love Lockdown Rework by Glass Animals / Originally by Kanye West

We all know Love Lockdown from Kanye's 808 & Heartbreak album, but this alternative twist on a hip-hop classic is currently a staple on my recently played playlist. Even if Glass Animals' style isn't your favorite, you will most definitely love this song.

"No Diggity" by Chet Faker / Originally by Backstreet

This song could take the number one spot for most covered song, but of all the versions that I've heard, Chet Faker's will not get out of my head. He turns this bold tune into a smooth, calm beat that will most definitely be playing in your head nonstop.

"Crazy in Love" by Sofia Karlberg / Originally by Beyonce

If you hurried to the movie theatre to see Fifty Shades of Grey, you probably remember this song as part of the soundtrack. Sofia Karlberg turns the party hit into a slow, powerful love ballad that's almost catchier than the original (Sorry, Bey!).

"Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High" by Miley Cyrus / Originally by Arctic Monkeys

Do I need to explain?

"No Angels (No Scrubs)" feat. Ella by Bastille / Originally by TLC

The amount of emotion Bastille pours into this song, makes the sassy '90s hit the most heart-wrenching thing you've ever heard (and won't be able to get enough of).

"2 On/Thotful Remix" by Drake and OB O'Brien / Originally by Tinashe

Chances are that you've heard Tinashe's hit "2 On", sometime within the past year, but you need to start listening to Drake's version now if you haven't already. This one is definitely more of a rework than a cover, but the contagious beat and chorus you loved so much in the original is still a strong part of the remix.