10 Best Boise Dinners | The Odyssey Online

10 Dinner Date Spots in Boise That Are Perfect For Wining And Dining That Special someone

Maybe it's time to break away from the Olive Garden snoresville and check out some local fare!

471
ribeye steak

It's easy to get wrapped up in going to the same places to eat every time you go out. We know that knowing exactly what to expect goes a long way, and that trying new things can be exhausting. There's no shame in knowing where you like to go out to eat, but maybe it's time to get a little adventurous. We wouldn't want our dates getting bored now, would we?

Admittedly, this list caters to more expensive dinners or what some may call "fine dining." Spending more money most certainly does not mean a better date, but the food at these restaurants is sure to be a show stopper and a conversation starter. Plus, each is locally owned and operated, which means you are supporting the local economy! That extra dime you spend goes right back into making Boise a better place to live.

1. ALAVITA

ALAVITA was created as a sister restaurant to the famous Boise restaurant, Fork. The interior design is Italian elegance, the wine selection is out of this world, and the food is consistently incredible. Keep in mind a price point of about $50 per person with drinks but know it is well worth it.

2. Barbacoa

Brazilian barbeque at its finest can be found at Barbacoa! Happy hour from 4 p.m. - 6p.m. daily means 2 for 1 drinks. Plan on spending several hours wining, dining, and enjoying an incredible flame filled dining experience on a beautiful lake off of the Boise River.

3. Juniper

Travel and Leisure called Juniper "one great love story about Idaho that never gets tired of being told." I can't think of a better way to package one of the newest local favorites in Bodos.

4. State and Lemp

When Snake River Farms calls these chefs "talented," they don't use the term lightly! An incredible team of highly awarded chefs puts together a true dining experience of farm to table excellence to be remembered fondly. A community dining table creates a unique experience and can take a little pressure off of a date if needed. Keep in mind a price point of well over $100 a person and reservations which need to be made weeks in advance.

5. Cottonwood Grille

Cottonwood Grille has the most fantastic patio in Boise, bar none. There isn't a more intimate experience on the riverside with waterfalls and elegant eats than can be found here. We highly recommend grabbing a table while the weather is nice.

6. Cucina Di Paolo

Need a homemade meal and don't mind a little rustic atmosphere? Cucina Di Paolo is the perfect place to feel like mama cooked you and your S.O. a beautiful meal. It can be a little hard to find, but most of us are familiar with the mechanical lady doing laundry off of Vista.

7. Capitol Cellars

A hidden gem awaits your palates! Capitol Cellars isn't the best known on this list, but as far as fine dining goes it is most certainly a competitor. Remember to make reservations as it is a small space but prepare to fall in love with the intimacy.

8. Owyhee Tavern

Upscale American dining is becoming a trend on this list, but for good reason! Boise is a town of steak and potatoes, and few do it better than the Owyhee Tavern.

9. Brickyard

Brickyard might be known as a steakhouse but the seafood is what brings us coming back!

10. Leku Ona

The most bar feel out of any on this list, the most relaxed, and perhaps the most Boise! Leku Ona is a basque eatery in Bodo which offers an elegant upstairs and intertwines culture with excellence.

There's no way we caught all the romance in Boise. Do you have a place you prefer? Is fine dining as a date a way of the past? Share and comment below!