Best Benefits of Faith: 10 Reasons To Be Spiritual | The Odyssey Online

Benefits of Faith: 10 Inspiring Reasons To Be Spiritual

Faith is a universal human experience. It is truly something that touches us all.

38462
young person hands folded in prayer in a church with stained glass windows

We all have been through negative and positive experiences, but they have shaped us for the better. Having survived them, our outlook of life might have changed. The underlying factor that allows us all to overcome difficult times is the force of faith. Faith is the complete trust in a higher power and the unknown future. The upside is undeniable – having faith allows you to gain all of these benefits:

1. Faith can provide inner strength.

woman holds a hand to their heart with a sense of inner strengthStableDiffusion

With faith, you feel as though you are not alone.

2. Faith teaches you give back and serve the less fortunate.

young person helps elderly in a soup kitchenStableDiffusion

Helping others in anyway will positively impact your life for the better.

Want to know more about faith and spirituality?

Our community has you covered with plenty of inspiration when it comes to faith:

1. The Power of Faith: There are very good reasons to believe in a higher power
  2. Why Faith is More Important Than Religion: There's a difference. Faith is what matters.
  3. It Doesn't Hurt To Have A Little Faith: Sometimes one moment can change your whole perspective.
  4. Special Saints That Have Helped My Faith: Here are saints that are worth getting to know.

3. Faith allows you to be selfless and put others first.

a young woman encourages her friend and hugs herStableDiffusion

Treat others as you would like to be treated.

4. Faith can help you to discover your purpose in life.

person has lightbulb above them great ideaStableDiffusion

Passion and daily action can lead to a purposeful life. If you don’t have passion or daily action, you are missing the drive to living a meaningful life.

5. Faith helps you overcome stress, anxiety, and fear.

person freely celebratesStableDiffusion

It gives you a sense of tranquility while living in a dangerous world.

6. Faith can be the pathway to finding solutions.

person on a positive light filled pathStableDiffusion

With so many variables and unknowns, faith helps us have patience, understanding, and optimism- qualities that lead to productive solutions.

7. Faith gives you a sense of hope.

person happily feels sense of hopeStableDiffusion

Sometimes we feel lost, but faith helps us stay anchored knowing that everything will be okay.

8. Faith is a source of peace and joy.

old man at total peaceStableDiffusion

Eternal peace can be achieved by spreading happiness and love to those around you.

9. Faith will help you get through the trials of life.

faith filled person praysStableDiffusion

Although challenges arise, there is nothing you can’t handle with the power of unwavering faith.

10. Faith can make you a better person.

a better person smilesStableDiffusion

Spirituality can help you understand and highlight your qualities through self-actualization. Personal reflection and meditation through prayer will help you see life in its entirety.

And as Martin Luther King, Jr. said, perhaps best of all:

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King, Jr.