10 Of Dr. Ben Carson's Craziest Quoets | The Odyssey Online

10 Of Dr. Ben Carson's Craziest Quoets

Who says the craziest things: Donald Trump, or Ben Carson?

192
10 Of Dr. Ben Carson's Craziest Quoets
Forward Progressives

Recent political polls have shown Dr. Ben Carson is gaining momentum, and surprisingly, might surpass the current front-runner, Donald J. Trump. When a candidate becomes the front runner for their particular party, Democratic or Republican, they tend to get harassed much more by media outlets, something Jeb Bush certainly longs for. As front-runner of their specific party, candidates must be prepared to answer a plethora of questions; such as, "What are your biggest weaknesses?" and "What your Secret Service names?" Donald J. Trump has taken most of the spotlight in the early stages of the presidential race. But up-and-comer, Dr. Ben Carson, is now in a position to be constantly harassed by the media. Even as soft-spoken as he is, he also has his fair share of questionable comments. So let's see some of this doctor's more memorial quotes. And without further ado, I present to you, Dr. Ben Carson's top 10 questionable quotes originating from the one-and-only: Dr. Ben Carson.

1. Transgender Bathrooms

“How about we have a transgender bathroom?” “[I]t’s not fair for them to make everybody else uncomfortable... but I’m not sure anybody should have extra rights—extra rights when it comes to redefining everything for everybody else and imposing your view on everybody else."

2. The Declaration of Independence

"The current members of Congress have a combined 8,700 years of political experience. Are we sure political experience is what we need? Every signer of the Declaration of Independence had no federal elected office experience. What they had was a deep belief that freedom is a gift from God. They had a determination to rise up against a tyrannical King. They were willing to risk all they had, even their lives, to be free."

3. Joseph and the Pyramids

"My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain. Now all the archaeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs’ graves. But, you know, it would have to be something awfully big if you stop and think about it. And I don’t think it’d just disappear over the course of time to store that much grain."

4. Carson's Violent History

"I was trying to kill somebody... grabbing the camping knife I carried in my back pocket, I snapped it open and lunged for the boy who had been my friend. With all the power of my young muscles, I thrust the knife toward his belly. The knife hit his big, heavy ROTC buckle with such force that the blade snapped and dropped to the ground."

5. The Jews Being Armed During The Holocaust

"I think the likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed, I'm telling you, there is a reason these dictatorial people take the guns first."

6. In Comment To The Recent Shooting In Oregon

"Not only would I probably not cooperate with him, I would not just stand there and let him shoot me, I would say, ‘Hey guys, everybody attack him. He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.'"

7. Gun Control

"I grew up in the slums of Detroit. I saw plenty of gun violence as a child. Both of my cousins were killed on the streets. As a doctor, I spent many a night pulling bullets out of bodies... There is no doubt that this senseless violence is breathtaking—but I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away."

8. Is being gay a choice?

"A lot of people who go into prison straight and when they come out, they’re gay, so did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question,"

9. Syrian Refugees

"If there is a rabid dog running around your neighborhood, you're probably not going to assume something good about that dog.

10. Obamacare vs. Slavery

"Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery. And it is in a way, it is slavery in a way, because it is making all of us subservient to the government, and it was never about health care. It was about control."

Is this really the man we want to be our running our nation?