The Basic Betches Guide To Hitting Downtown Chicago

Go to summerhouse Santa Monica and sit at the table in front of the "Yes" sign.

264
Rebels Market

If you are from the suburbs of Chicago and you are between the ages of 13-18 you make it a point to go downtown with your "girlfriends" a couple times a year. Gross. Going downtown for the basic suburban girl is a big ordeal and if you are gonna do it you better do it right. So before you journey out of that bubble you grew up in and travel 15 minutes or maybe 30 to get a little culture shock from the "super different from where you grew up" (not at all.) place called The Loop or Lincolnpark, there are some things you need to consider to make your trip the most basic, most betchy night of your life.

First of all, you have to get all your friends on board. Girls night out am I right? Make sure to get 15 of your closest friends to join in. Because everyone has 15 close friends right? And there is like no drama between your group. You guys like totally love each other to death. Becky like definitely called Tiffany a slut to her face at your last banger but they totally had a heart to heart and are like super close now. If you don't have 15 or more people you just might as well call it all off. The variety of instagram pics you can get with 14 other people is totally worth the deep down hatred you have for them.

Second, once every one is down to go you have to choose what to do. If it's winter you could like totally go to zoo lights or ice skating. Ice skating is awesome for some candid pics and you could wear that cute new hat you got at Nordstroms. If it's summer you could go to North Avenue beach with the rest of the suburban kids trying to act like they live in the city. You could hit the Shedd or Navy pier. Even better, you could go shopping on Michigan Ave. and spend all that money you didn't make at your own job. Just charge it all to the credit card the store already has on file.

Lets be honest here, you guys are gonna end up going out to dinner and nothing more. Because going out to dinner in the city is so convenient and spontaneous, am I right ladies? So dinner. But where? You will probably end up going to Hub 51 or Sugar because it's just like so hip and fun and money just isn't an issue. Even better, go to summerhouse Santa Monica and sit at the table in front of the "Yes" sign. Because you are carefree and love your avocado toast. At least that's what it sounds like from your snapchat and instagram. And brunch is so in these days. I dare you to wear one of those floppy hats and some boyfriend jeans. Jeez. Or a shirt that says some witty pun about brunch. Make sure to look your best, gotta outshine your 14 "best friends".

Now you just need to figure out how to get downtown. The classy bitch will drive her Range Rover down and pay unhealthy amounts for valet. The semi classy bitch will uber there. Because $100 seems reasonable for an uber. For sure. If you are normal you will take the train. Maybe it will make you feel like you are totally urban and shit. Don't let them see you on the El. Ever. That would be bad for your reputation. I hate this everything about this guide.

Your basically done. You have your fake friends, an instagramable restaurant, transportation and your social media all queued up. Don't forget to take a couple hours perfecting your contour and putting on the cutest/effortless outfit. Don't even think about wearing sensible shoes. Unless they are your pure white new adidas. Other than that, enjoy your basic as all hell night and if you don't stop at the Sprinkles ATM on the way home, you ended the night wrong. Good luck with being basic.

I honestly hate this but I can't say I haven't done this before. Oops, Watcha gonna do!