AOC and her socialist agenda is costing people jobs now. | The Odyssey Online

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Feud With Amazon Is Getting Her In Hot Water

Amazon and AOC she calls them corporate greed they say they are making jobs.

519
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSfRQl2yADs

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is back in the news with her fight with Amazon. Just a few months back, Amazon said they would not be building their new headquarters in Queens, New York, which would have provided over 25k new jobs for New York. Cortez did not want them there, she said all they are a greedy corporation and that they didn't need them.

But New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo, said that Amazon pulling out is an economic loss for the state and he put the blame on the small group of politician that put their own agenda above their own community.

She went on to celebrate Amazon pulling out, stating that they defeated their corporate greed and their exploration on their employees and that they didn't need another power hungry businessman. Cuomo should not get any tax breaks, let alone $2.8 billion in tax breaks, just for building a new headquarters.

Gov. Cuomo said that "Amazon would bring in more investments for the city to justify the tax breaks, and that it would help establish New York as a tech hub too even rival San Francisco". The HQ2 would have brought in between 25,000 to 40,000 good paying jobs for the state and nearly $30 billion dollars in revenue that would fund new housing, schools, transit improvements and other quality of life improvements.

Cortez's approval rating dropped from January to March because of the loss of jobs that the Amazon deal would have made, she is also starting to grow unpopular among her fellow Democrats. According to a Siena poll, 44% of people have an unfavorable view of the congresswoman, which is up from 29% of people back in January.

And now she is continuing to go after the CEO of Amazon Jeff Bezos, saying "he is paying his employees starvation wages, and that a person can not live off of $15 an hour, and they have poor health care, and even saying that those people who make $15 an hour are still on food stamps and are still dependent on the government for assistance".

Amazon responded back to her saying "they paying $15+ min wage plus full benefits from day one, and that they are also lobbying to raise the minimum wage". Cortez went on to say "that she is less concern about Bezo being a billionaire and more about the workers being paid more and having health care and to be able to send their kids to college tuition-free".

Amazon responded back to her comments about the starvation wages, saying that "Amazon associates receive industry-leading pay starting at $15 an hour – in fact, hourly associates at our Staten Island facility earn between $17.30 and $23 an hour, plus benefits which include comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance," a spokesperson said Sunday night.

So why does she hate Amazon and Bezos so much? is it because he has money and she believes he should give it to everyone else, she believes that all colleges should be free, which is not going to happen, college and universities are way too expensive but they won't be free because how would they pay for their staff and books.

She is a socialist and is pushing her own agenda, and was her agenda more important than making thousands of new jobs for New York.