An Open Letter To Halloween | The Odyssey Online

An Open Letter To Halloween

You may be just a holiday, but you are so much more than that.

49
An Open Letter To Halloween
Stock Fresh

Dear Halloween,

Why can't you happen more than once a year? Why must you be confound to one single month and to land on a Monday all of all days THIS YEAR!? Ugh that is very sad and I am disappointed in you for landing on that day...but I still love for so many reasons that I will always love you!

You helped my boyfriend and I find another thing in common!

Yes it is true! A couple of days before Halloween and before we got together, we talked a couple days before Halloween. On Halloween, he gave me his number and we were able to share costumes and how he took his sister trick or treating. This was the first time we talked on a holiday we both loved and talked for HOURS!

You also helped me get to be the princess I wanted to be all year!

I literally was a Disney princess every single Halloween I could be as a child since I sang the songs and loved the movies! My parents would not let me dress up in those dresses, shows, accessories, and wigs unless it was Halloween night! Now I dress us as a Queen of whatever I want since tiaras are sold separate from all costumes!

When you came around it means its more acceptable to watch Halloween movie!

Well when I was younger it mattered..now it doesn't matter because Netflix and DVDs are a thing! So when I sit in my Nightmare Before Christmas pajama pants while bing watching any and all Halloween movies, no one can say anything!

Because it lands at the perfect time of the year for the weather, pumpkins are everywhere!

This means pumpkin pies will take over the world and it makes me very happy! No not pumpkin spice lattes because that has nothing to do with actual pumpkins...

For some reason, you are suppose to be a scary holiday with ADORABLE decorations!

Because this girl loves the mason jar battery operated Ghost, the sparkly pink, green, and orange 'BOO!' sign, cute gel stickers, and sparkly 'Happy Halloween' hanging from my door! I do not care for the blood or the beware signs at all.

You are celebrated all month long so that's a check on my list!

The amount of times you turn on the TV and some type of Halloween themed shows or movies are on ALL MONTH LONG! Hocus Pocus to Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein...BRING ON THE SCARE!

Well it does make me sad that your month will soon be over even though it just started! Ugh how will I survive without my Pumpkin Spice Frap from Starbucks that actually taste like a pumpkin pie!?! HOW DO YOU DO THAT!? *sigh* Oh well! I will be the only one with Halloween decorations until I move out in May and all I will do is ad snow and flowers to my other decorations!

With All The Spooky Love I Can Give,

Your Fellow Queen of the Pumpkin Patch