9 Ways You Know Your Mom is Your BFF

9 Ways You Know Your Mom is Your BFF

She's basically your twin, and you're fine with it.

10
9 Ways You Know Your Mom is Your BFF
self

Although my mom and I fight all the time, I've learned that we are more alike than we are different. The older I get, the closer we grow. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being super close with your mom - in fact, I even consider my mom to be one of my closest friends. Here's nine ways to tell if your mom is your BFF:

1. You steal all of each other's clothing.

Then, you nervously ignore that "have you seen my blue tank top?" text because...well, you're wearing it. You know that inevitably you'll move out and one of you is just going to be naked.

2. She's the first person you text.

Whether it's to vent about your annoying project partner or to share the latest gossip regarding the Gilmore Girls reboot, you're always keeping your mom up to date on your life. You don't understand people who ignore their moms' questions. She just wants to know about your life! Plus, she's probably got pretty sound advice, or at least will agree that your partner is crazy.

3. You realize you're turning into your mom, slowly.

You are constantly saying the same thing at the same time. Or, you know that you're starting to become her when you realize that you've subconsciously integrated all of her trademark gestures and phrases into your conversations. People are always telling you, "You sound just like your mother." You haven't decided if it's a compliment yet, but it should be.

4. All of your best friends know her well.

Whether it's your BFFs texting her updates on your life before you have the chance to, or your mom keeping up with everyone's boyfriend drama and favorite snacks, she's basically adopted your friends as extra children. Bonus points if they call her "mom". You don't even really mind, either.

5. You love listening to her stories.

Your mom is full of life advice, because (let's face it) she's been through a lot more life than you. Even though you know most of them backwards and forwards by now, you still love listening to her talk about how she met her first boyfriend and when she moved into her freshman dorm. Not to mention, there's usually a valuable life lesson attached (even if you don't realize it right away).

6. She challenges you and encourages you like no one else.

Just like a bird pushing her little ones out of the nest, your mom will always be the first one to push you to do scary things. However, she'll strengthen you as you tackle these tricky endeavors. You know you can always go to her first for a dose of much-needed encouragement. On her bad days, you are quick to do the same. It's just what you do.

7. You butt heads with her, too.

Because the two of you are so alike and know each other so well, you sometimes argue. It happens to the best of us. But, you spend a little time apart and then you're two peas in a pod again.

8. She knows you almost better than you know yourself.

Unless you're a professional, you pretty much can't lie to your mother. Nothing gets past her. She may even be hard to surprise because the two of you are so much on the same wavelength! Your mom is quick to catch a bad mood, and always knows when you need a little extra cheering up.

9. You've learned that your mom is almost always right.

You may never admit it to her, but it's true. She's smart, witty, and wise, and she rarely calls it wrong. Eventually, you'll learn to listen to her right off the bat. That's the number-one perk of having your mom as your BFF: it's the best of both worlds.