9 Things to Thank Your Boyfriend For | The Odyssey Online

9 Things to Thank Your Boyfriend For

He is the best thing to happen to me, and here are nine things I’d like to thank him for.

19
9 Things to Thank Your Boyfriend For

I’m writing this after getting home from a date with my boyfriend. He is the best thing to happen to me, and here are nine things I’d like to thank him for.

1. Loving me

I know I can be a handful, especially when I’m sick like I am right now. You don’t judge me, you just love me. For me. I don’t need to pretend to be something I’m not. I’m my weird, awkward, self, and you still put up with me.

2. Putting up with my indecisiveness

I never know what to eat. It’s a miracle if I do, and you never actually get frustrated with that fact. You still look for someplace to eat until I agree and it’s like that scene from The Notebook. I’m sorry that I never know, I’ll try to be better.

3. Thinking I’m pretty no matter what

I’m sick. I look awful. My nose is runny, my eyes are red, and I look like death warmed up. And you still tell me I look beautiful. You are highly delusional to think so, but I appreciate you nonetheless.

4. Bringing me medicine

I mentioned not feeling well last week or so, and you magically produced cold medicine from your backpack for me. Thank you. I need it now more than ever.

5. ...And soup

One night, you finished class and showed up at my door at 8:30 or 9 o’clock, soup and Vitamin Water in hand. You then proceeded to feed part of the soup to me once I was done feeding myself. That, in and of itself, helped me feel so much better.

6. Taking care of me

Whether I’m sad or sick, you take care of me. You bring medicine or tissues or just hold me until I feel somewhat better and that is something I will be forever grateful for. You take such good care of me, my mom thanks you and doesn’t worry so much. You’re the first one I think of to call when I need you and you’re always there.

7. Taking me to the doctor

I went to the doctor a few months ago alone, and had an emotional breakdown because I was so scared. You came to see me after and made me feel like I didn’t need to be scared. When I went to the doctor last week, you came with me and made sure I was taken care of. It was the first time in a long time I wasn’t afraid of being in a doctor’s office. Thank you.

8. ...And the airport

You woke up early on a day you didn’t have to be anywhere to drive half an hour to come get me to drive forty minutes to take me to the airport. And then you picked me up when I came back into town even though it was between your classes. You wanted to be the last person I saw before I left San Francisco and the first person I saw when I get back. I cannot thank you enough for that.

9. Being the best person I’ve ever met

I love you. You are the first and only person I’ve ever said that to in a romantic way. You do so much for me, despite us knowing one another for such a short period of time. You are so kind. You took off your coat tonight to shield us from the falling rain and drove to four different places just to go to the third restaurant we decided on. You are an angel. I am so proud of you and happy that things are working out for you. I love you, don’t ever forget that. Thank you for being you.