9 Things To Do In The Hudson Valley This Fall

Get out and support our region!

239
kimptonhotels

The Hudson Valley is such a beautiful region in New York State with so many things to do. Here are some ideas to keep you busy this fall!

1. Hudson Valley Wine & Food Festival (September 10-11)

This festival in in Rhinebeck, NY and has been a hit for 15 years! Come taste wine and beer from wineries and breweries all across the state while sampling various foods options from around the area. There will be over 150 vendors including food, fine art, and crafts! It's a two-day event with tickets starting at just $40 for unlimited beer/wine/cider tasting; Food is an additional cost.

2. New York Renaissance Faire (August 6- October 2)

This event is every Saturday and Sunday for almost two months! Come dressed up and see some reenactments, eat a turkey leg, and drink beer while exploring everything this event has to offer. There's different themes for different weekends, so check their website to see which ones you are interested in. You can even sign up for a pub crawl. $25 gets you general admission!

3. Hudson River Craft Beer Festival (September 17)

Located in Beacon, NY this is the fourth festival hosted by America On Tap. Come sample crafts beers from over 200 breweries across the country. There will be live music, and several food vendors. It's a great way to spend a day outdoor with friends before the weather drops! Tickets start at $45 but only if you buy ahead of time. At the door tickets increase by $10.

4. Hoptember Harvest Fest (September 10)

This event is dedicated to showcasing the best breweries in the region. Located in Dutchess county, there will be live music, as well as live broadcasting from WRWD. There will be several food choices, including the winners from Hudson Valley Ribfest! Tickets start at $50, but there is a designated driver ticket available for $25.

5. Pumpkinfest (October 10)

At Pine Island park, this event is for the whole family! This day is a celebration for the all the local harvests, and to enjoy our holiday in the crisp autumn air. There are bouncy houses and pumpkin painting for the kids, and other activities for all ages!

6. Warwick Applefest (October 2)

If you love apples and everything fall this is the event for you! Come to Warwick and enjoy apple flavored anything, from dozens of vendors. There's an apple pie contest, a farmers market, and over 200 craft vendors. There will also be music and entertainment all day!

7. Taste of New Paltz (September 18)

Come to New Paltz to sample some good wine, spirits, beer, and food from the region! There will also be live music, a farmers market, and activities for kids! Advance admission is $3, but you can get a beer ticket for $20. Prices increase day of!

8. Hudson Valley Wine & Chocolate Festival (November 19-20)

Who wouldn't enjoy a day dedicated to wine AND chocolate? There will also be beer, cider, and spirits! Also for sale will be speciality foods, as well as products from the wineries and breweries. It's the perfect opportunity to get a jump start on some fun holiday shopping! Tickets are $25 in advance and include chocolate and alcohol sampling! There are designated driver tickets available which cost $10 and get you chocolate and food sampling. Tickets increase at door.

9. Hudson Valley Bacon Bash (October 8)

Located at the Orange County Farmers Museum in Montgomery, this event is perfect for all of you bacon lovers! Come by and taste different bacon dishes, as well as beer from local breweries. There are always creative dishes to try, even baked goods with bacon! Tickets start at $25!

Now get out and enjoy the Hudson Valley!