9 Life Lessons I Have Learned From My Pre Schoolers | The Odyssey Online

9 Life Lessons I Have Learned From My Pre Schoolers

Children are our greatest examples to take after.

12
glyphnutrition.com

I have gotten the wonderful opportunity to work with children these past several months as well as becoming a Sunday school teacher. I have learned so much from these children, which I never expected. Here are just a few things that I have learned from these sweet children.

1. It's okay to not be perfect

As like most people I am a big perfectionist. When it comes to arts and crafts I tend to get very irritated cause it never turns out the way I want it to be. It amazes me how whenever a child messes up they are positive and do whatever they can to fix it. Or even when their outcomes turns out a little bit different than everyone else's, than they don't care. All they care about is that they did it. It brings me so much happiness.

2. Don't hold grudges

Sometimes kids do not get along and that is okay. What absolutely amazes me is that these children do not hold grudges. A child could take someone else's crayon and they could cry about it but than ten minutes later they are laughing with them and having fun. They teach us that no matter how old we are, we should never hold grudges against each other.

3. Laughter is the best medicine

There have been days where I walk in class and not in the best mood, but these sweet faces always know how to make me laugh. It is amazing how when I am with them I forget about everything. I forget the stress and the worries. I am instantly happy and have no cares. Laughter truly is the best medicine.

4. Homemade gifts are better than going out and buying something

I have always believed that homemade gifts are always more special and sentimental. I love it when a child gives me something they made at home or a coloring sheet they colored. It is something that I will always keep. Whenever I am feeling down I will remember to look at it to keep me smiling.

5. Don't judge one another for being themselves

All the kids are different in their own unique way. As we get older we judge each other on our appearances and the way we act. We can all learn something from children because they do not judge each other. They all play with one another and one is never left out. They make sure to include one another. They definetly set a good example for all of us to look up too.

6. It's okay to ask for help

Whenever a child is doing a worksheet and is having trouble they are never afraid to ask for help. They just ask. A lot of people do not like to ask for help, but sometimes asking for help is all we can really do. It is okay to ask for help because when we do, we are able to learn something and understand what we are doing. It is no fun doing something and not knowing how to do it.

7. It's okay to ask a lot of questions

Children defiantly ask lots of questions. Also, when I mean lots, I mean lots. They always have multiple questions to ask and they are always good ones. Some of us are always afraid to ask questions cause we do not want to sound dumb. No question is a dumb one But these kids are not afraid at all. If you do not understand something or want to know something just ask. It's not going to hurt anything.

8. Find joy in the little things

Finding joy in the littlest of things is what children do best. Everything is so sentimental to them. It's really sweet actually. Everything is so special to them and has a special meaning to them. I bet if we do that we would be able to stay positive more in life.

9. It is okay to dream big

Children sure do dream big. They have the biggest imaginations ever and they are not afraid to chase after their dreams. As we get older our big dreams can seem to be impossible to do. I have always been believer that if you want to do something big than do it. Dream as big as you can cause you can achieve it with lots of hope and hard work. My pre-schoolers want to be doctors, singers, actors, teachers and even princesses as a lot of the girls say. They say their dreams with so much confidants and I love it.
We can all learn a lot of things from these sweet children. God tells us to become humble like a child. They are our greatest examples to take after.

“And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”

Matthew 18:2-4 ESV