9 Best Subscene Alternatives to download subtitles

Introduction:

569

If you're looking for an alternative to Subscene because you're unable to access the site, then you've come to the right place. In this article, we've shared some of the best Subscene alternatives for anyone who can't access the site.

As you might know, Subscene is one of the most dependable websites for finding and downloading subtitles for almost any movie or TV show. However, if you're unable to access the site, there are other great options out there.We hope that this article has helped you find the perfect alternative to Subscene.

What is Subscene?

Subscene is a great site for participants who want to join an online community that shares subtitle files for all sorts of media content, including films, TV series, music videos, and online video. The selection of subtitle files is extensive, with multiple global languages, including Arabic, English, French, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Farsi/Persian, Spanish, and many more, and you can even post a request for a specific language. The reviews posted on the site by users are also incredibly helpful when it comes to gauging the quality of a particular subtitle file.

Why Subscene does not work?

There must be two reasons:

Is Subscene Down?

Subtitles are currently online, with a fast response time. The subtitles service rarely goes down, and the site is rarely offline or shows an error.

If Subtitles is down in your area, you can use one of the sites similar to Subtitles shared in the next section of this article.

Subtitles support more than 40 languages, with a translated interface into more than 10 languages. Lastly, Subtitles is entirely free to use.

Is Subscene Blocked?

If you're trying to access Subscene but are being blocked because of copyright issues in your country, there are a few ways around it. You can use a subscene proxy or VPN, or alternatively, you can use a browser like Opera with an inbuilt VPN or the Tor Browser to access Subscene.com. Subtitles supports more than 40 languages, and its interface has been translated into more than 10 languages. Plus, it's entirely free to use!

Alternatives of Subscene:

1.OpenSubtitles:

Opensubtitles is a great alternative to Subscene and it has a lot of features that makes it stand out. With Opensubtitles, you can easily download subtitles for a lot of movies, TV shows, and documentaries. One of the best things about Opensubtitles is that subtitles are available in around 60 different languages. Another great thing is that you can use filters like IMDB ratings, size, genre, FPS, the format of subtitles, movie year, etc. while searching for subtitles.

Although the UI has seen some improvements, it's still populated with a lot of text in small font sizes. This can be tough to read for some people, especially if they have vision problems. Plus, the website is still full of ads which can be really annoying for some users.

2.VLSub:

If you're a fan of VLC media player, then you'll love VLSub. It's a simple extension that allows you to download subtitles from OpenSubtitles.org and play them as you watch your movies. You can install it on Windows, macOS, or Linux computers.

Sadly, VLSub hasn't been updated since 2017, but you can still download and use it.

3.Yify Subtitles:

YIFY Subtitles is a great alternative to subscene, and one of the most popular subtitle websites around. It's got subtitles for pretty much every movie and TV show you can think of, which is its biggest advantage. The website also has a modern, easy-to-use interface. The subtitle files are well-organized and easy to find. You can use the search bar or filter out titles by genre, release date, and name.

Website: yts subtitles tv shows

4.Subdownloader:

If you are someone who likes things that are simple and straightforward, then SubDownloader might be the perfect alternative to Subscene for you. SubDownloader automatically searches and downloads subtitles for your movies, which is much easier than having to do it manually. This subtitles site hosts subtitles in 50 different languages, and it can be downloaded on Windows, macOS, and Linux computers.

5.MegasSubtitles:

Next on the list of best Subscene alternative sites is Megasubtitles. This subtitles service lists subtitles below a movie’s poster and short synopsis. Subtitles on Megasubtitles can be directly downloaded in SRT format.

However, Megasubtitles doesn’t allow users to request subtitles for any movie or TV show. Additionally, there are some intrusive ads in the subtitle section which can be quite annoying.

6.SubiT:

SubiT was a free and open-source program like Subscene. Using SubiT, you could download subtitles for your favorite movies and series by merely right-clicking them and executing SubiT. Additionally, you could even launch SubiT directly and enter the desired movie name to download subtitles.

Sadly, the latest update for SubiT was made in March 2018, and the program has been discontinued since then.

7.Addic7ed:

If you're looking for a free and trustworthy alternative to Subscene, Addic7ed is definitely worth checking out. Just like Subscene, Addic7ed has a dark mode that makes it even easier to navigate. Plus, you can download subtitles for both movies and TV shows. And if you need subtitles in a different language, no problem! Addic7ed offers subtitles in 18 different languages. The only downside is that Addic7ed only hosts subtitles for newer movies.

Website: addic7ed.com

8.Open Subtitle FlixTools:

We now have a Subscene alternative called Open Subtitles FlixTools. This tool allows you to seamlessly download subtitles from OpenSubtitles.org.

FlixTools has several features that make it a great choice for subtitle fans, including the ability to download multiple subtitle files, search for subtitles using IMDB IDs, and synchronize subtitles.

Since this tool is only available for macOS, it converts your videos automatically into iTunes compatible format, including subtitles, metadata, covers art, and more, and adds it into your iTunes library.

9.Subtitles App:

Subtitles work like magic, automatically downloading subtitles for your movies and TV shows. Subtitles can find the right subtitles even if your files don’t have the right name or format.

To use this app on Windows or macOS, simply drop your videos into Subtitles. A subtitle supports more than 40 languages, and its interface is translated into more than 10. Lastly, Subtitles is entirely free to use.