8 Things To Do In Ohio This Summer | The Odyssey Online

8 Things To Do In Ohio This Summer

Explore something new this year.

16
8 Things To Do In Ohio This Summer
Ohioenvironmentalcouncil.org

If you're anything like me, you were born in Ohio and have lived here for your entire life. By now, you have seemingly done everything that you can do in Ohio during the summer 10 times over, and are probably bored with it all at this point. Here are eight amazing places and things to do in Ohio during the summer that you won't get bored with and are fun for the whole family!

1. Kalahari Resort and Convention Center, Sandusky, Ohio

The Kalahari Resort and Convention Center in Sandusky, Ohio is a great escape for every member of you family and friends. There's a spa, an indoor and outdoor water park, baby tigers, a zip line, and so much more. The Kalahari in Sandusky is also the home of many conventions throughout the year, including Colossalcon, and anime and gaming convention at the beginning of June. The Kalahari offers a variety of rooms at decent prices for guests to choose from. And with Cedar Point a short distance away, it'll be difficult to find absolutely nothing to do in Sandusky.

2. Mill Creek Park's Rose Garden, Youngstown, Ohio

Mill Creek Park's Rose Garden in Youngstown, Ohio is a site worth seeing. The Rose Garden, which is just a small portion of the park, is free and open to all. With beautiful flowers, fountains, a cafe and gift shop, the family will love taking a stroll. Mill Creek Park also has a marvelous area for cookouts as well as canoeing and kayaking.

3. The Akron Zoo, Akron, Ohio

Have a family with young children? Or just looking for an affordable trip to the Zoo? Well then, the Akron Zoo is the place for you! This small sized Zoo is ideal for families with young children who don't want to be on their feet all day, but don't want to miss out on the big Zoo Experience. With the Zoo only taking a portion of your day, you'll have time to stop by The Lockview for some great grilled cheese sandwiches, or some freshly baked cookies at Insomnia Cookies!

4. Geneva on the Lake, Ashtabula County, Ohio

Geneva on the Lake is a great attraction for everyone, whether you be a family of four or a few college students looking for a weekend getaway. With a plethora of houses, apartments, and hotels for rent, this is another affordable getaway for any family. Take a walk down the strip and grab lunch at Eddie's Grill, or go for a swim in Lake Erie. Geneva on the lake also has a number of Arcades and mini-golf attraction that are sure to win anyone over. And did I mention Madsen Donuts?

5. The Columbus Zoo and Zoombezi Bay, Columbus, Ohio

The Columbus Zoo is one of the largest Zoos that I have ever been to, and it will probably take you two days to complete the whole thing! The good thing is, the park offers 2 day passes (with a one day pass to Zoombezi Bay, the Zoo's own waterpark) at an affordable rate. The Columbus Zoo is filled with some great staff members who are always willing to lead you in the right direction, and inform you of anything spectacular going on from day to day!

6. Playhouse Square, Cleveland, Ohio

It's no lie that there are plenty of things to do in Cleveland, Ohio. From the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to professional basketball, baseball, and football games, you'll certainly never be bored. Cleveland's Playhouse Square is the ideal location for those days that you just want to sit back, relax, and watch a good show. The list of upcoming musicals, comedians and speakers as well as ticket purchases can be found at http://www.playhousesquare.org/.

7. Boardman Park, Boardman, Ohio

Boardman Park in Boardman, Ohio is a great place to spend the day with your children, walk your pets, and even enjoy a cookout with friends. This park always has something going on and even features free weekly concerts and family nights during the summer that all can enjoy.

8. Cleveland Museum of Art

The Cleveland Museum of Art is a great place to go to, not only to view pieces of art, but to learn about history. There are many exhibits to go to, from Ancient Rome to Egypt, that are sure to amaze. The Cleveland Museum of Art is currently exhibiting their "Pharoah: King of Ancient Egypt" attraction. Tickets and information can be found at http://www.clevelandart.org/.