The 8 Most Beautiful Spots In Lynn, MA

The 8 Most Beautiful Spots In Lynn, MA

Our city is far more special than its reputation.

1287
The 8 Most Beautiful Spots In Lynn, MA
Wikimedia

The city of Lynn, Massachusetts deserves more credit than it currently gets. Not only is it diverse and full of history, there are some incredible places that really give our city character. As the city with the 9th highest population in Massachusetts, there must be something keeping everybody around. In fact, one might say it has a little something for everybody. Here are 8 places in Lynn that prove that our city is far more special than the reputation many people associate it with.

1. Lynn Beach

Lynn beach deserves more recognition then it gets. Not only is our city lucky enough have so much land on the coast but we are right next door to the beautiful Nahant beach. This place is awesome for people who love to walk, bike ride, or sit and relax. Red Rock is great in the summer time for concerts or games. This is also the location where countless friends and families gather for the annual firework show every Independence Day.

2. Lynn Memorial Auditorium

The Lynn Memorial Auditorium is attached to City Hall located in downtown Lynn. The theater seats over 2,000 people. The venue opened in 1948 and has been the stage for many famous performers such as the The Beach Boys, Boston Ballet, The Steve Miller Band, BB King, Howie Mendel, and many more.

3. Wyoma Square

(The picture does not do this place justice at all and interestingly enough, it is the best one I could find.)

Why would Wyoma Square make the list, you ask? Mino's Roast Beef, Lazy Dog, Four Winds, Nicky's Pizza and Subs, Rolly's, Fauci Pizza, Flax Pond, Sisson School, Pickering School, Wyoma Little League... Do I even need to go on?

4. Downtown Lynn

Downtown Lynn has been one area of Lynn that has seen some serious developments. The area has really turned around in the past 20 years and has become a place for great food and entertainment. Want to catch a delicious breakfast? Hit up the Capitol Diner. Need a place to grab dinner? Check out the Blue Ox. Downtown Lynn also has the Commons, the marvelous Lynn Public Library and the YMCA. We also can't forget St. Mary's, Lynn Vocational Technical High School, or even the commuter rail which can take you right into Boston!

5. Lynn Woods Reservation

Founded in 1881, Lynn Woods Reservation is the second largest municipal park in the United States. With over 30 miles of scenic trails, Lynn Woods Reservation is perfect for hiking, biking, running, walking, and more. The reservation even features landmarks such as the underground tunnel which is rumored to have once been a place for pirate treasure. Another spot to visit in the reservation is Stone Tower—a 48-foot tower built in 1936 to look for fires. We can't forget about the amazing views of Boston.

6. Manning Field

Manning field is the hub for many of the high school sports teams in Lynn. Once home to Manning Bowl (1938-2004), Manning field was reopened in 2008. The facility hosts one of the most spirited events in the city of Lynn during the annual Thanksgiving game which includes rivals Lynn English High School and Lynn Classical High School. Fun fact: The Rolling Stones played at Manning Bowl in 1966.

7. Flax Pond

Flax pond is a beatiful sight right in Wyoma Square and down the street from the post office. Sluice pond, another relaxing place is right around the corner. Not only is the place a good spot to take a load off, it is also family friendly. The playground was just updated in addition to the installation of a water fountain type thing in the water. It is really cool at night time when the lights are on. The pond also serves as a decent fishing spot.

8. High Rock Tower

High rock tower has an incredible view of the ocean and the surrounding areas like Boston, Swampscott, and Nahant. Although the stairs can be challenging for some, the views are worth the trip. You can also opt out of the workout by driving around.

The tower also serves as the city's large 12 inch Meade telescope which is powerful enough to view the rings of Saturn, Jupiter and her moons, galaxies, star clusters, nebulae and more!