8 Reasons To Love Fall | The Odyssey Online

8 Reasons To Love Fall

From pumpkins to Thanksgiving, there are so many reasons to love fall!

6
8 Reasons To Love Fall
Selena Barnett

With summer weather ending, it is time for the cool weather and pumpkin everything! I’m not kidding; you can get pumpkin anything everywhere. Fall not only brings the cool crisp weather, but it brings the holiday cheer. Here are 8 reasons to love fall!

1. The Cool Weather

After a nice and toasty summer, who wouldn’t love some cool weather? It’s a light cool feeling stepping outside in the morning to the crisp cool air. Seeing all the animals out, if you live near woods like me, is a major plus too.

2. Bonfire fun

Sure, we had some summer bonfires, but nothing beats the first fall bonfire with close friends and family around! Toasting marshmallows, roasting hot dogs and telling stories of the summer we all had.

3. Pumpkin DIY

For all my DIYers, fall is one of the best times to create masterpieces out of pumpkins! From glitter, to carving, to baking, there are a countless amount of ways to do things with pumpkins. My favorite of course is the glitter pumpkins!

4. PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES

Need I really say more? Who wouldn’t want a pumpkin flavored coffee or latte to kick start your day, or afternoon? Pumpkin spice lattes are easily America’s favorite drink in October. It makes fall that much better. Thanks, Starbucks!

5. Hello Sweater Weather and Ugg Season

I don’t know about you, but I love my Uggs. I wait all year long to wear them. Of course, no lady wants to be first to pull out the Uggs, so we usually wait until it hits under 60 degrees. Either way, Uggs are the go-to shoe for when the weather gets cooler. Sweaters are the best ever; know why? All the fall/winter weather weight is hidden. THE ENTIRE SEASON. I know I easily gain a few pounds in the fall and winter.

6. The Colors Changing

Again, I live by the woods. I am surrounded by trees. One of my favorite things about fall is the changing of the leave colors. Watching them peacefully turning from green to yellow to orange to red to finally brown is just beautiful. As well as all the fall flowers blooming.

7. Halloween and Thanksgiving

I think one of my favorite things about fall is the holiday season. Halloween, where we get to dress up and get candy, and Thanksgiving, where we get together with family and have a huge dinner and say what we are thankful for in the past year. Being close to loved ones and getting to dress up for a night of candy and fun.

8. CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!!!

My favorite holiday is easily Christmas. Once the cool weather comes we all get excited for Christmas! The presents, dinner with the family, tree decorating, house decorating, Christmas cookies for Santa, writing lists-- it really goes on forever.

So, we get cool weather, bonfires, pumpkin decorating, pumpkin spice lattes, sweater weather and ugg season, colors changing, Halloween and Thanksgiving, but the best yet, CHRISTMAS IS COMING! Get ready everyone; this fall is destined to be a great one.