8 Reasons Why New Jersey Is The Best | The Odyssey Online

8 Reasons Why New Jersey Is The Best

I'm glad to call myself a Jersey girl at heart.

61
8 Reasons Why New Jersey Is The Best

It would be impossible for me to count the amount of times that I've heard people say that they hate New Jersey. In fact, a lot of people I know can't wait to get out, and all I can think to myself is 'why?' New Jersey has so many wonderful things to offer that you can't find anywhere else, and frankly, I could go on and on about them, but instead I'll just give you a short list.

Have Your Voice Heard: Become an Odyssey Creator

1. Taylor Ham & Cheese sandwiches

2. Diners

The topic of Taylor Ham & Cheese brings me to my next point: Diners. I absolutely love diners because in my opinion, what's not to love? You can order anything you want at any time of day. Breakfast for dinner? Yes please.

3. The Jersey Shore

The Jersey Shore means so much to me, because it's not just the ocean or the beach, it's the entire experience. So many people argue that the water is too cold and dirty and isn't nearly as nice as somewhere like the Bahamas. Maybe they're right, but there's just something about the beach towns in New Jersey that captivate me, and I know I'm not the only one.

4. Seasons

In addition the beautiful summers at the beach, New Jersey has autumn, winter, and spring weather and there's something to appreciate about each season. I can't imagine celebrating Christmas in 80 degree weather or not being able to watch the trees change colors. The changing seasons are one of my favorite things about New Jersey.

5. Bagels

I find it ironic that I'm not much of a breakfast person, yet two of my reasons for loving New Jersey are breakfast foods, but that's beside the point. I just love bagels, especially Jersey bagels! I love bagels with cream cheese, butter, chicken salad, peanut butter, and so much more. Basically, what I'm getting at is that there isn't anything you can't put on a bagel.

6. Pizza

I don't know if you've noticed yet, but I really like food. Although they say that New York pizza is the best pizza, because of our close proximity to the Big Apple, our pizza is pretty amazing too, if I do say so myself.

7. New York City

If we're talking about New Jersey, and I don't mention New York City, I've basically committed a crime. I live less than an hour away from one of the greatest cities in the world and if that's not a privilege, I don't know what is. There's something to do in the city for everyone, and even if you don't like all the hustle and bustle, you can visit for a day and then go back to the suburbs. It's a win-win.

8. We don't have to pump our own gas.

Not that having to pump your own gas is a huge deal, but it's just nice that us New Jerseyans don't have to get out of the car, especially on those cold winter nights.

Simply put, New Jersey is great and it is home!