8 Christmas Movies Of My Childhood

8 Christmas Movies Of My Childhood

Nothing gets you ready for the holidays like these classics.

64
8 Christmas Movies Of My Childhood
kraft-cleaners.com

Halloween is over and November has begun so you know what that means...Christmas movies for days. Although, I'm not in any hurry for the first snowstorm of the year, awkward family gatherings, and gaining weight from eating so much food I have to admit that I'm excited to watch all of my favorite holiday movies. I don't know about you, but there are some Christmas movies that just never get old and remind me of holidays with my family. Today I'm going to list a few of my favorites.

1. Elf

If you say you don't like Elf you're lying not only to the world, but to yourself. Let's face it, Will Ferrell is a comedic genius in every movie he's in but Elf is such a feel-good movie and it will always have a special place in our hearts.

2. A Christmas Story

A classic. No explanation necessary.

3. The Santa Clause

There's nothing like reminiscing your childhood with this Tim Allen classic. Everyone loves the story and adventures of Scott and his son Charlie. Although, my heart broke a little when Charlie cried. That kid was too cute!

4. Frosty The Snowman

This is another movie that made me emotional. These kids created a friendly, magical snowman and then this jerk of a magician tried to ruin the whole thing. I think my favorite part of the whole film is when Frosty yells out, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY". He was too innocent for this world.

5. White Christmas

White Christmas is another holiday classic that everyone MUST see. It's a musical comedy that is guaranteed to put you in the Christmas spirit. Every single time I watch it the songs end up getting stuck in my head. Not to mention, Bob Wallace and Phil Davis are two of the best partners-in-crime ever.

6. A Christmas Carol

I'm sure you all know the story of Ebenezer Scrooge. A man who is, well, a scrooge. I loved this movie as a child just because it was a common Christmas movie, but now that I'm older I love this movie because of Ebenezer's character development. You see him become a loving man. Honestly, this movie is underrated just for that reason.

7. A Charlie Brown Christmas

Charlie, Lucy, Snoopy, and the rest of the gang make an appearance on my television every year. It's been a family tradition to watch the Peanuts Gang together ever since I can remember. It's a perfect combination of humor, creativity, and holiday cheer.

8. Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)

And at last, but definitely not least is How The Grinch Stole Christmas. This is a personal favorite. I've been begging my fiancee to watch this with me since LAST Christmas. I could watch this movie all year around. Again, I think I love it so much because of the humor and character development. You see him go from a loving child who was bullied, to an angry man, back to a loving individual. I also love that the Who community came together and realized that he isn't that bad of a person if you give him a chance. Also, Grinch is my spirit animal.

There's my personal list of Christmas movies that remind me of my childhood. I hope that you make it a point to watch all of these this holiday season with your families!