7 Study Spots On TCU'S Campus

7 Study Spots On TCU'S Campus

Club Lib and Rees-Jones are overrated.

783
7 Study Spots On TCU'S Campus
Olivia Heinen

Finals - the time where all TCU students spend all of their time stuDYING for days straight. However, we all know that our campus is beautiful and has nice facilities. So, if we have to study, why don't we pick a pretty place to do this at? Unless you get too distracted by some background noise, pick one of these places in order to feel like you have somewhat of a social life while studying.

1. Beasley Hall

You know that room that runs behind and along the sides of the chapel, the one you probably only use as a hallway to get to and from your religion class? Well, if you stay in there for a while, you may be pleasantly surprised to see how nice this room is. The sound of water flowing from the fountain and being surrounded by many large windows makes you feel really relaxed in here. While it isn't always deserted, it isn't usually filled to the brim with people, either, making the volume level perfect.

2. Tucker Technology Center

If there isn't enough natural light in Beasley for you, go to Tucker. Tucker basically has windows as walls. If you go in the corner of the second or third floor, the views are amazing. It also has a similar environment and therefore volume level as Beasley. They have little desks and couches everywhere, just waiting for someone to study there.

3. Smith Entrepreneurs Hall

Smith is similar to Beasley and Tucker with the windows. Unfortunately, this room can be very loud as this is sort of a common room for the business school. Practically every Neeley student has to walk through here at least once a day. Fortunately, this means that if you need a break, you will most likely have a friend already in there to talk to. Also, if you like sushi, Sushi Mama is right there.

If you get too annoyed by everyone chatting in here, Smith also has a great outdoor area to study at.

4. Palko Hall

The outdoor seating area outside Palko Hall looks extremely similar to Smith's. However, you listen to more cars drive by and less students walk by. This is also the best place to be if you are hungry. Einstein Bros, Salsa Limon, Dutch's, Pizza Snob... it's all just a short walk away.

5. Winton-Scott Hall and Sid Richardson Building

Do you need a desk with an umbrella over it? Come over to the courtyard in between Winton-Scott and Sid Rich. It's an outdoor seating area that is even bigger than Smith and Palko.

6. Sundial

Maybe you don't need a desk after all. If that's the case, you can study at the sundial near Ed Landreth. This is definitely the most unique spot of the bunch. Plus, you can listen to cars go down University Drive along with jaywalking pedestrians.

7. Brown Lupton University Union

Ah, yes. You probably guessed that the commons would eventually make its presence. I'm sure almost every horned frog has studied somewhere along the grass. However, if you go up to the BLUU's third floor balcony, there's a lot less people there. Instead of being among the crowd in the grass, you'll be observing them all from above. And, like Tucker, the view is fantastic.

So utilize these spots and the "dying" part of studying won't be as emphasized. We're almost done, horned frogs! Y'all can do this! We've got diplomas to earn, so happy studying!