7 Reasons Why People Who Play Video Games Are Happier

Turning on the Xbox could help turn up the happiness.

1509
Awesomecave.com

There are many reasons as to why people that play video games are happier in the life that they live. Here are the top seven reasons why:

1. It's is a getaway from the stress in the world.

As people get older there is an increase in stress and pressure in one's life. Playing video games is a great way to relieve stress from your life by doing something that you truly enjoy.

2. Better hand-eye coordination.

It has been scientifically proven that people that play video games have better hand-eye coordination and motor skills than people that don't play video games. This will help you in your everyday life. Not only will you be better coordinated in life but your better coordination will help you be a better driver as well as keep your eye sight from failing and make you more intelligent.

3. Exercise can be a game.

While it is fun and good to go to the gym it can also be kind of boring after a while. There are many new move oriented games in the world today. The Wii and the Kinnect are some. These devices turn exercise into a fun game. The games get the player to get up and to get moving. This is a great way to exercise. There are also serious games for these devices that focuses more on the exercise part of the game. An example would be Zumba for the Wii.

4. Boring situations become less boring.

Every long boring check out line and life less waiting room is a chance to level up. There are tons of portable gaming devices that are available in the world we live in today. Instead of being bored, irritated, and frustrated with having to wait for a long period of time you can just break out you portable gaming device and de-stress yourself by doing something you enjoy.

5. Be connected to your inner child.

Very few people that have grown up do anything fun in their free time. This can make these type of people depressed with their boring lives. People that play video games have a daily chance to engage in playful behavior than the people that don't. This playful behavior is similar to that of a child's playfulness. This strong connection to your inner child can help you be happier and enjoy life fully.

6. Exposed to greater imagination and creativity.

When playing video games you are initially allowing yourself for a greater imagination because you are putting yourself in the mind set that you are the character in the game. Whether you are playing in a realistic game such as Call of Duty or a fantasy game such as World of Warcraft. This is a creative exercise for your brain.

7. They have a reason to bond with other people.

About fifty percent of all Americans play some type or form of video games. As well as eighty-one percent of adults between the ages of eight teen and twenty nine are gamers. If we are speaking statistically then one of those gamers will fall into the same category as you. Then you already have something in common with others then you can bond over your similar interest.