7 Promises I Have For My Little Sister

7 Promises I Have For My Little Sister

I mean every word.

22
7 Promises I Have For My Little Sister

Little sister, you're growing up so quickly. While I hope your teenage years are filled with rainbows and unicorns and only happy things, I know how utterly torturous they can be. Here are a few promises I have for you that are nothing but true:

1. I love you even when I hate you.

You're a brat. You have a major attitude problem, your sass is off the chain, and most of the time I want to smack you upside the head with a firetruck. Nonetheless, I love you more than anything. You're my best friend (and worst enemy) and as much as you make me want to scream, I love you more than you know.

2. People love you more than you think.

Some days may seem like our parents are out to get you and your friends don't like you. But honestly, you could never be more wrong. You never get to hear when our parents talk about you with pride because you're working hard in school or at your job. You never hear your friends -- or even simple acquaintances -- say how much they adore you or how happy you make them just for being a part of their lives. You never know how much you mean to someone else because you're never there to hear another person's real feelings about you -- and they all love you.

3. It's not as bad at you think, and it'll get better.

I know that at times it can feel as though the whole world is against you. I've been there. We've all been there. Life, especially as a teenager, gets to be very hard. I know it may seem as though the world around you is only going down hill. It may seem like things will never look up, but I assure you it doesn't last forever. Whatever's going on, it's not as bad as you may think and eventually things will get brighter. And I'll be right there with you.

4. I'm on your side... most of the time.

I love you so much and if you want to dye your hair blue, get a lip piercing, or kiss a few too many people, I will support you 100%. If you are arguing with our parents about pretty much anything, I'll be right behind you with a cited list of sources. But I mean, if you're actually wrong you know straight up I'll be arguing with you all night long.

5. I'll tell you when you're being stupid.

I know you already know this, but I will always be the first to tell you when you're being dumb. Of course, I'll try my best to give advice and guide you down the right path; I won't tell you you're stupid and just move on. I'm here to help you, regardless of the level of intellect you're putting into your life decisions.

6. More than anything, I just want you to be happy.

And I'm going to try as best as I can to ensure your happiness. I know how it feels to be depressed and anxious and I know how much I wanted to feel as though I wasn't alone. And with that, I end with:

7. I'll always be there for you.

Whether you're feeling all alone in the world and you just need a friend, you're furious about anything and you need to rant, or you just want to call to catch up, I will always be there for you.

I promise.