6 Wawa Products That Will Make You A Believer | The Odyssey Online

6 Wawa Products That Will Make You A Believer

Gotta have a Wawa.

2206
Wawa

Wawa isn’t a convenience store, it’s a lifestyle. I wish I were exaggerating when I say that I go to Wawa around four times a week when I’m home from school. If you’re one of the lucky ones who have lived close to a Wawa during your life, you probably feel the same way I do. But if you haven’t been blessed with a close proximity to Wawa, you might be a little skeptical. I get it—Wawa fans can come on a little strong. I know I do. If you’ve ever found yourself asking, “Why are all these people obsessed with a gas station?” Here are a couple reasons that Wawa has such a dedicated fan base.

1. Coffee

This may seem mundane, but trust me. Any coffee junkie who values variety will delight in the Wawa selection. Their coffee station is filled with delicious brews such as Dark Roast, French Vanilla, Columbian, and, if you’re seasonally lucky, a Pumpkin Spice. They also offer a latte machine to satisfy the sweet tooth in all of us. The best part about the Wawa coffee station is that you create your own masterpiece. If you want to get crazy and mix decaf and regular coffee with a hint of dark roast and a splash of French Vanilla latte, you can! Plus if you want a slightly fancier creation that can’t be obtained through mixing the products available to you, you can order specialty coffee and hot chocolate products on the touch screens.

2. Built-to-Order Products

The Wawa interactive ordering system offers much more than specialty drinks. Behind that magical screen lies a myriad of freshly made food products that will satisfy your cravings. First, their size choices are adorable. Who wouldn’t feel cute ordering a “Shorti?” But more than that, their options are pretty much limitless. They have delicious paninis, focaccia pizza, and meatball sandwiches, but if none of those strike your fancy, you can mix and match ingredients to make your perfect sandwich. My go-to Wawa order is a buffalo chicken finger hoagie with lettuce, tomato, and avocado spread, but they can hook you up with a classic Italian hoagie with all the fixings if that’s more your style. And did I mention they’re made fresh?

3. Ready-to-Go Items

You can’t go wrong with built-to-order products, but if you’re in a rush, the pre-made items are pretty wonderful too. This Express Case is often found in an island in the middle of the store and contains a variety of snacks and wraps. Whether you're looking for a quick lunch or a small snack, this case has a lot to offer. The Cookie Dough Parfait and the apple slices with peanut butter are my regular choices, but if you're looking for a more substantial meal, try the Chicken Caesar Wrap.

4. Ice Cream

Although Wawa is now the most wonderful convenience store in the world, the Wawa that we know today originated as an iron foundry in the early 1800s, and then transformed into a dairy in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Over the years, Wawa adapted into a convenience chain, but it still operates the dairy. The Wawa dairy provides a collection of dairy products to its stores, but as an ice cream lover, I'm particularly grateful for the mint chocolate chip ice cream. I scream, you scream, we all scream for Wawa ice cream.

5. Assorted Iced Tea Products

If you walk toward the refrigerated drinks section of your local Wawa, you’ll notice that they have the usual selection of beverages. If you move a little further down the line, however, you’ll see a large variety of Wawa tea and juice products. From the half & half iced tea to the mango green tea to the raspberry lemonade, all of Wawa's drinks are sugary and delicious. You can't go wrong, and if they weren't already appealing enough, Wawa often runs promotions for their iced teas that make them even cheaper. Thank you, Wawa, for your tasty and budget-friendly iced teas.

6. Double Dutch Chocolate Milk

Double Dutch Chocolate Milk is my best kept Wawa secret, despite the fact that I tell anybody who will listen about this chocolate milk. It is not for the weak of heart. Although it's hard to describe Double Dutch, I would say it tastes like drinking melted chocolate ice cream. I’m a huge chocolate fan, and this decadent treat is a staple in my diet. My fridge is rarely without at least one of these chocolate milks. Even when I wasn't able to get to Wawa regularly as a freshman who didn't know anyone with a car, I restocked after every break. I am extremely dedicated to this chocolate milk, and I hope you will be too.

I admit that it’s hard to be crazy about Wawa if you haven’t been around it all your life, but if you’re not already a believer, give it a chance. The employees are always friendly and helpful, a lot of Wawa stores are open 24-hours, and they’re pretty much guaranteed to have what you’re looking for. Lehigh is blessed to be in an area surrounded by Wawa stores, so embrace the lifestyle while you're here. You won't regret it.