6 Things To Do in Buffalo, NY During Summer

Buffalo has plenty of things to do in the summer months that are available to people of all ages and interests.

59
Wikipedia

Although Buffalo is a great place to be for all 12 months of the year, it definitely has it perks during the summer. So many different things to do, from Canalside and their free concerts to a night at the ball-park. Or if you're feeling adventurous there are plenty of trails to take a hike on. Even though this is a smaller area, there are endless activities with friendly people that make this city a great place. No matter your age, interests, or abilities, you can always find something to do in and around Buffalo, New York:

1. Canalside

Whether you have kids or not, this is a great place to spend the afternoon or night. There is always something to do: kayaking, canoeing, games, or maybe even special events. You'll always have a good chance at finding some activity that fits your interests. Even on Thursday nights you can go downtown to a free concert at this location. Canalside is located right next to the historical Naval & Military Park, where you can look at ships from World War II, a destroyer, a submarine, and a guided missile cruiser.

2. Eternal Flame

In Orchard Park, Chestnut Ridge Park, there is a trail that leads you to a waterfall. This is where natural gas is emitted and flame is produced right under a waterfall. This is a beautiful place to go, however, there have been times when I hiked the entire way and the flame was out and no one had any way to light it back up...That was a bummer, for sure. However, if you aren’t much of a hiker, there a plenty of parks around that have beautiful views and are a short walk from your car.

3. Buffalo Bisons

The Buffalo Bisons are a Triple-A affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays. This team plays almost every night, so you'll have good chance at catching a game. Also, the tickets aren't very expensive, so this is one of the more affordable sport's events that are played in Buffalo. They also have themed nights that are very enjoyable, like Star Wars Night or their typical Friday Night Bash, which features fireworks. This is an enjoyable time for any age.

4. The Buffalo Zoo

This Zoo is the third oldest zoo in the United States, and it features about 1,200 animals as well. It is the second largest attraction in this area behind Niagara Falls, the staff is very friendly and the prices are pretty reasonable.

5. Mississippi Mudds/Tonawanda Creek

A local restaurant that is right on the creek, with all of the Buffalo favorite foods. Eat dinner or get their famous dessert while watching the sunset over the water.

6. Niagara Falls

A local attraction that is 45 minutes away from the City of Buffalo, has a few different options when you go to visit. You can solely just walk around and sight-see or you can do the activities that they have that surround the falls, including the Maid of the Mist or the Cave of the Winds.